Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Bike Talk (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Tighter U Turns (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484)

BikerChickSI 07-26-2005 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xstortion
Lana I am willing to conduct private lessons at my house if u would like ;)

:LOL:

If you live in a parking lot, that sounds great :lol:

Pirate 07-26-2005 10:33 AM

:puke1: ha ha ha !!! went there already!!!

Kawibabe 07-26-2005 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BikerChickSI
480lbs & Im like 130.... not to use the double standard card or anything but usually females have less upper body strength than males do. I guess Ill just keep practicing :confused:

My ZX-6E is 487 lbs wet (429 lbs dry weight). I am 5'3" and 110 lbs (sometimes I am up at 115 lbs). I can u-turn my E. I just had to practice until I felt more comfy with it. Getting a different bike or anything else isn't going to really help. A u-turn is a u-turn is a u-turn and until you get it down by practicing it....then you won't ever be able to safely do it.

Don't get me wrong, u-turns are not my favorite thing to do. If you practice, you will be fine.

Vin 07-26-2005 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawibabe
My ZX-6E is 487 lbs wet (429 lbs dry weight). I am 5'3" and 110 lbs (sometimes I am up at 115 lbs). I can u-turn my E. I just had to practice until I felt more comfy with it. Getting a different bike or anything else isn't going to really help. A u-turn is a u-turn is a u-turn and until you get it down by practicing it....then you won't ever be able to safely do it.

:nod2:

Qetesh 07-26-2005 02:37 PM

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, u-turns are not my favorite thing to do. If you practice, you will be fine.

Right on Abi :nod2:

The fact of the matter is, it won't matter what bike you're riding. The key is practicing, period.

xstortion 07-26-2005 02:38 PM

Quote:

U ride the hell out of your bike though :wow:

Kawibabe 07-26-2005 02:42 PM

I do?

BikerChickSI 07-26-2005 02:47 PM

If anyone needs me- Ill be in the parking lot practicing U turns.

jcblitz 07-26-2005 02:52 PM

Unless you're bench pressing it, a lighter bike isn't going to make that much of a difference.

Kawibabe 07-26-2005 03:03 PM

Quote:

If anyone needs me- Ill be in the parking lot practicing U turns.

That's what I'm talking about!!! :nod2:

Just don't get mad at yourself and remember to keep breathing!!!

BikerChickSI 07-26-2005 03:09 PM

Quote:

That's what I'm talking about!!! :nod2:

Just don't get mad at yourself and remember to keep breathing!!!

Im gonna put on a full suit in case I fall :lol:

FigNewTon 07-26-2005 03:14 PM

Quote:

Im gonna put on a full suit in case I fall :lol:

You will be fine...take your time and be confident in your abilities.

njf4i 07-26-2005 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBRBob
Yea, 430lbs is really heavy :lol:

Ralph, watch out for people running into you AGAIN at VIR this weekend :omg:

Well i was the one that had to walk the bike back to her parking spot in new hope by holding the front end.

So at that time it felt heavier than mine. :cries:

RCM78 07-26-2005 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBRBob
Ralph, watch out for people running into you AGAIN at VIR this weekend :omg:

HA! You'll have to catch me first!!! ;)

xstortion 07-26-2005 09:20 PM

Quote:

I do?

From the pics u have on myspace :)