Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Days (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Next Track Day? (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272)

Onedwn5up 07-12-2005 01:08 AM

I'm racing again at NHIS on 7/23-24 then might be coaching on 8-10 at NHIS since I have been spending lots of time there. Not sure yet though. I still have to find out of I can get off of work that day.

NHIS is a tricky track and easy to get yourself in trouble on if youre not careful. I would be more than happy to work with you and would be able to tell pretty easily if you're ready to step it up. Basically, we'd go out and run a session so that I could evaluate your performance and consistency then if I thought it was time for you to move up I go and get a second coach and he does the same thing with you for a second session. It takes two coaches to sign off on moving someone to the Blue group.

Even if I don't coach that day, I can still ride in the red group if you specifically ask for me to work with you. You would just need to ask Linda. I will be on a grey primered 600RR #973 though there is a minute chance it'll be painted by then. 5 minutes of conversation, a pen , a piece of paper and two sessions and I bet you'll be able to shave several seconds off your time easy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac
I thought about asking to be followed last week since I ran some fast and consistent laps early in the day and guy I was riding with wanted to be bumped up and I was keping pace with him so I figured why not, but aftera long delay and with lunch ( only 2 sessions before lunch) the sun came out and it got sticky/hot out and didint run as well later in the day so I just worked on my lines.

Tom

tommymac 07-12-2005 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onedwn5up
I'm racing again at NHIS on 7/23-24 then might be coaching on 8-10 at NHIS since I have been spending lots of time there. Not sure yet though. I still have to find out of I can get off of work that day.

NHIS is a tricky track and easy to get yourself in trouble on if youre not careful. I would be more than happy to work with you and would be able to tell pretty easily if you're ready to step it up. Basically, we'd go out and run a session so that I could evaluate your performance and consistency then if I thought it was time for you to move up I go and get a second coach and he does the same thing with you for a second session. It takes two coaches to sign off on moving someone to the Blue group.

Even if I don't coach that day, I can still ride in the red group if you specifically ask for me to work with you. You would just need to ask Linda. I will be on a grey primered 600RR #973 though there is a minute chance it'll be painted by then. 5 minutes of conversation, a pen , a piece of paper and two sessions and I bet you'll be able to shave several seconds off your time easy.

I have heard all different things about that track so if I get the hang of it and get into a groove and am passing a lot of people I will prolly ask to be evaluated. Like I was saying at pocono I was running prety good but got into a funk later in the day. I can be my own worst enemy and play headgames with myself LOL but if I am not too fatigued and stay focused then I can ride prety good

Tom

duc748pilot 07-12-2005 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opinion914
Keep your eyes on Kennedy. im predicting now this kids super fast.

who you kidding.....this kid is sllllooooowwwwww..... :jerkit: :wave2:

Kennedy 07-12-2005 10:08 AM

I am slow...what can I say...but you ride slow to become fast :nod2:
Thanks Kevin, I won't let your predictions down lol :)

duc748pilot 07-12-2005 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennedy
I am slow...what can I say...but you ride slow to become fast :nod2:
Thanks Kevin, I won't let your predictions down lol :)

keep riding slow....tell me how fast you get :omg: lol

j/p dick. whats the deal with fusa?!

Kennedy 07-12-2005 10:22 AM

Fuck dude IDK i cant call yet boss is all over my ass
Call for me :)

duc748pilot 07-12-2005 10:38 AM

no thanks :yawn:

Kennedy 07-12-2005 10:46 AM

assholy-o.........if I cant get in ill be pissed...shitty

duc748pilot 07-12-2005 10:57 AM

:cries: :busa:

tommymac 07-12-2005 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600rrpilot
keep riding slow....tell me how fast you get :omg: lol

j/p dick. whats the deal with fusa?!

Well kevin and I will be there :)

Guess I iwll have to get bumped up to show kevin what time it is LOL

Tom

duc748pilot 07-12-2005 11:26 AM

sweet im going to register tonight hopefully blue isnt full yet.

Kennedy 07-12-2005 11:27 AM

I hope I can get in white.......shit!!!!

Cakes206 07-12-2005 11:59 AM

Quote:

I hope I can get in white.......shit!!!!

Not sure if it was said already...but you ever do a track day before?

Kennedy 07-12-2005 01:26 PM

Nope I need to take ART Basic and Im number 9 in the waiting list so Im basically screwed all around.

Cakes206 07-12-2005 01:33 PM

Quote:

Nope I need to take ART Basic and Im number 9 in the waiting list so Im basically screwed all around.

I was gonna say, then sign up for ART Basic and you should have no problems...but damn...even ART basic is full, wow.