Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Days (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Track Day 101 (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34)

Kurts1000RR 01-11-2006 10:05 PM

Figures! Where the hell is Millville? Near AC? I can only imagine my sore ass after riding down to watch.

CBRBob 01-11-2006 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurts1000RR
Figures! Where the hell is Millville? Near AC? I can only imagine my sore ass after riding down to watch.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...te=nj&zipcode=

Cakes206 01-11-2006 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurts1000RR
Tell me more????:wow:

www.njmotorsportspark.com

Brought to us by the same people from VIR...can't wait.

Kurts1000RR 01-11-2006 11:20 PM

Eek! What a ride. Why the hell is everything so far away?

ffejtable 01-12-2006 09:41 AM

Honestly Pocono for your first dayisnt that bad.. people were saying how bumpy it is, and while its true, its not THAT bad for your first day.. All I could think about my first day was how much better Pocono was that any street riding I have ever done... After doing several other tracks and then going back to Pocono, I realized how bumpy it really was. Maybe because I was going faster, maybe because I was more on the right line... Not sure, but I wouldnt shy away from Pocono for your first time out...

Ant 01-12-2006 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffejtable
Honestly Pocono for your first dayisnt that bad.. people were saying how bumpy it is, and while its true, its not THAT bad for your first day.. All I could think about my first day was how much better Pocono was that any street riding I have ever done... After doing several other tracks and then going back to Pocono, I realized how bumpy it really was. Maybe because I was going faster, maybe because I was more on the right line... Not sure, but I wouldnt shy away from Pocono for your first time out...

Pocono is great for your 1st time. You won't know the difference anyway. You'll just be so excited to be riding on the track you won't care.

carl_g 01-12-2006 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant
Pocono is great for your 1st time. You won't know the difference anyway. You'll just be so excited to be riding on the track you won't care.

I like pocono east.

tommymac 01-12-2006 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ism409
I like pocono east.

I though tyo uliked 2 smokes:roflmao:

Besides how bad can pocono be when all the dates are usualy full.

Tom

AfricanBootyScratcher 01-12-2006 12:34 PM

Pocono is fine. actually east is great for first timers because it is a good learning track, lots of different types of turns to learn and practice.

Cakes206 01-12-2006 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac
Besides how bad can pocono be when all the dates are usualy full.

It fills up because it's close to alot of people...lot of riders within a 2 hour radious.

tommymac 01-12-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cakes
It fills up because it's close to alot of people...lot of riders within a 2 hour radious.

Thats the obvious answer but it cant be that bad otherwise no one would go weather its nearby or not.

Tom

ffejtable 01-12-2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Thats the obvious answer but it cant be that bad otherwise no one would go weather its nearby or not.

Tom

But it really is that bad... The bumps on that track are in the key bad spots... in half of the turns right where you should be braking and lettig the bike settle to ease into a turn, there are bumps screwing with you. iev been to vir, summit and beaver, and the concrete patches at summit can be annoying, and beaver has some bumps (easily avoided) in one turn, but nothing like pocono.

i know a few people that do ONLY pocono, beacuse to them 2 hours is reasonable, and they dotn know any better if they havent been to a smooth track. some people just cant be taking off entire weekends to go to beaver, vir, cmp, summit, mosport, nelson, etc etc etc... pocono is much closer to many more people than any of those tracks because of its proximity to NYC...

Cakes206 01-12-2006 02:57 PM

Quote:

Tom

Yea it is...I'm an hour and 15 min from the track and I won't go back. To each their own though...

carl_g 01-12-2006 03:03 PM

As for the bumps you just ride over them.
But I do agree every other track I have been to has been better then pocono. My biggest gripe about the East course is that it is a really skinny track compared to summit or VIR.

soda7o 01-12-2006 03:57 PM

how do i go about starting this track thing...