Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Was I wrong? (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2630)

Taz 05-15-2006 02:15 PM

Like everyone else said you did the right thing.

Religon is everyones own opinion. People just need to learn and respect each other. :)

High_Revs_17 05-15-2006 03:36 PM

I would've done the same thing, if he can't understand then it's his problem.

SilverDragon 05-15-2006 03:42 PM

You should have done the elbow shake! LOL

In regards to religion, I only believe the 13th apostle! :)

akomplis 05-15-2006 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gear Dog
you are totally right,in fact I would have pointed out that there was a bathroom that he blow his nose and wash his hands.

I was going to but some people get offended easily....and through body gestures I think his wife or sister had suggested and he refused/ignored her....some people just dont think or care.

CuCullin 05-16-2006 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverDragon
You should have done the elbow shake! LOL

In regards to religion, I only believe the 13th apostle! :)

Matthias was the 13th apostle. After Judas, the remaining 11 chose him to be the "12th" in succession only. :)

vice86 05-16-2006 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akomplis
I was at church yesterday and right next to me was this dude coughing up a storm, snarling, sneezing and sniffling...I'm telling you like he was about to croak! The entire time wiping his nose, face, covering his mouth and wiping his nose in between sniffs....however without a napkin/tissue/handkerchief

Now of course we are at the point of the peace offering in the mass :panic2: and I peaced everyone out except him...I simply said to him nothing personal but I rather not get sick, as it is I am hurting with allergies the season being bad this year. Peace to you (I flashed him the peace sign). Ironically he looked at me with disgust! Like I was an alien!! and shrugged me off and truly got pist!! :mad:

Was I wrong for not shaking his hand?

Just like Larry David didn't shake Ben Stiller's hand in fear that he'd get sick after Ben just sneezed in it.....you shouldn't dwell over it.

My church doesn't do that...thank God cuz I was at once Church where they DID do that and I found it really awkward shaking strangers hand.

Was he shaking other people's hands? lol..eeeww....you could have always just shook and then washed it after mass was over.

akomplis 05-16-2006 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vice86
Just like Larry David didn't shake Ben Stiller's hand in fear that he'd get sick after Ben just sneezed in it.....you shouldn't dwell over it.

My church doesn't do that...thank God cuz I was at once Church where they DID do that and I found it really awkward shaking strangers hand.

Was he shaking other people's hands? lol..eeeww....you could have always just shook and then washed it after mass was over.

Yeah he truly shook other peoples hands...Nah I just couldnt bring myself to shaking his hand...had you been there and witnessed this man carry on with his wiping/sniffing and wiping again putting his hand in his pockets obviously to wipe off...nasty!!

Yeah its cool when you can nod and express verbally peace be with you, but when someone is in front of you with their hand extended for a shake its hard to ignore and not disrespect them by not returning the gesture and shaking hands...but I did nod at him and mentioned peace be with you, as well as left him hanging :)

jcblitz 05-16-2006 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akomplis
Yeah he truly shook other peoples hands...Nah I just couldnt bring myself to shaking his hand...had you been there and witnessed this man carry on with his wiping/sniffing and wiping again putting his hand in his pockets obviously to wipe off...nasty!!

Yeah its cool when you can nod and express verbally peace be with you, but when someone is in front of you with their hand extended for a shake its hard to ignore and not disrespect them by not returning the gesture and shaking hands...but I did nod at him and mentioned peace be with you, as well as left him hanging :)

Was he doing the double hand shake where he puts them over and under the other persons? It's a great way to make sure you get germs on all fronts.

btw: did you download / watch the video yet?

Hassmaschine 05-16-2006 03:43 PM

Stinkpalm the dude.

akomplis 05-16-2006 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcblitz
Was he doing the double hand shake where he puts them over and under the other persons? It's a great way to make sure you get germs on all fronts.

btw: did you download / watch the video yet?

He was actually coughing and sniffling while shaking hands the other hand was covering his nose/mouth....his peace be with you sounded muffled and sprayed...

Yeah I am dnldg it now.

High_Revs_17 05-16-2006 04:02 PM

Here's the Doc Holiday response that I tend to do with a southern accent: "Please pardon me if I don't shake hands" (smiles)

akomplis 05-17-2006 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by High_Revs_17
Here's the Doc Holiday response that I tend to do with a southern accent: "Please pardon me if I don't shake hands" (smiles)

Was that the Wyatt Earp movie...good movie...Val Kilmer did his thing and owned that role/script