PDA

View Full Version : Racer Insurance

Drew13
04-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Since its the beginning of the season I thought I would post up a reminder to make sure your insurance covers racing.

I was told last year that my employee provided insurance did cover racing. Today I thought i would call and get that in writing. When i called i was informed that they DO NOT cover racing of any kind, club or professional.

CCS does have insurance but it is a $1000 deductible and then will pay up to $5000.

Sooooo. Long story short, I called BCBS after doing some research. And they have a supplemental plan that covers catastrophic damages. The plan is called Lumenos HSA. It has a $3000 deductible and after that is met they pay 100% up to $7million. The premium is $77/month. And i keep my employer insurance as the primary.

Better safe than sorry. Hope this helps someone out and that nobody will ever need it.

Jon211
04-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the info. That sounds like a pretty good deal. Most injuries I'm not to worried about that would be covered by primary insurance. It's any serious one that there is no getting around that it happened on a race track.