PDA

View Full Version : Question about polishing

Rev
09-23-2005, 01:06 PM
What's the steps in polishing. I wanna do my rims over the winter time myself...just wanna know what you need and if there is a certain technique to it..i have heard guys who do it themselves..but it takes like 18 hours to complete both sets....let me know

soda7o
09-23-2005, 01:12 PM
What's the steps in polishing. I wanna do my rims over the winter time myself...just wanna know what you need and if there is a certain technique to it..i have heard guys who do it themselves..but it takes like 18 hours to complete both sets....let me know

ye sit takes a long time to do it.. but it could be done it is alwasy a good winter project.

google for it or there are tons of info page sabout polishing around forums..

form what i know youwill need a strong paint stripper sane paper form iek 300 grit to 2000 grit i think and a mouse sander will help alot.. youwill also need alum polish to get the shine and maybe sealant to protect the shine..

good luck

Rev
09-23-2005, 01:32 PM
will do... =)

ffejtable
09-23-2005, 01:33 PM
ask some of the guys who did it and see if its worth the hassle... my personal opinion is it kind of looks ghetto and cheap.. if you want shiney bling bling, do it right and get chrome.

my old bike had polished lips and it was a bitch to keep them looking good... just wasnt worth the maintenence effort to keep them looking good. some kind of sealant/clearcoat might be good though...

soda7o
09-23-2005, 01:39 PM
ask some of the guys who did it and see if its worth the hassle... my personal opinion is it kind of looks ghetto and cheap.. if you want shiney bling bling, do it right and get chrome.

my old bike had polished lips and it was a bitch to keep them looking good... just wasnt worth the maintenence effort to keep them looking good. some kind of sealant/clearcoat might be good though...

ye sit is apaint to keep shiny