PDA

View Full Version : For those who don't service their own bike

PitsVtec
09-21-2005, 02:39 PM
My friend wants some business, so I'm doing him a favor and posting this up. For those of you who don't do their own work on their bike, there's my buddy Larry. He's a former Honda of East Hanover employee and races dirt bikes, so he knows his shit. He can do fluid flushings, brakes, oil changes, etc. at his house/shop in Berkeley Heights. He's very meticulous and you can wait there if you'd like for some things. It's beneficial for me b/c I don't have time to drop my bike off at Honda and find a ride, nor do I have the parts for same. If anyone is interested, please PM me and I'll pass along the information. Thanks.

Cakes206
09-21-2005, 03:35 PM
This is great to know...especially for people who are in a jam and in the area...Please check your PM's as well...

Kennedy
09-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Does he do valve adjustments?

PitsVtec
09-21-2005, 03:56 PM
that aint right, hows he gonna close a thread and want payment for advertisement.

It's called being greedy and when that happens people begin to hate your ass! Geez, Cakes your embracing the idea is great b/c we all know shit happens and if you have an emergency riding through the Watchung reservation, The Great Swamp, or on 78 (that's the Berkeley Heights area for those who don't know) he'd be the man to call for some help. Good thinking! :nod2:

Rev
09-21-2005, 04:00 PM
yeah that place is drama which is why i wanted to bring ma peeps here...which is why i bought a stickr =) me lub sba....lol..

And this guy is good..1st hand saw how meticulous he is..I'm sure he can do the valve adjustments. May take longer..but he's torn apart motors from honda to zuks to yami's...i'll find out how much the valve adjustment is..what kind of bike joo got?

thanks cakes...

PitsVtec
09-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Does he do valve adjustments?

I'm sure he does...he races dirt bikes and has to take care of those bikes every time he races them. He's a very claws on person...he won't do a half ass job. He took care of the first service on my bike...and he's very perticular with things...as Rev said he was there too

Kennedy
09-21-2005, 04:37 PM
Kawasaki 636 03

soda7o
09-21-2005, 04:54 PM
wow, i thought i was the only person on si who doesnt like drama. its like watching a dyin breed. whoaaaaaaaa......

no vinny is just old... :lol:

good luck to this guy and his side business...

andifyou are good friends withhim ask him where i can get a service manual for my bike.. i like to tear the engin aprt this winter and go silly

PitsVtec
09-21-2005, 04:56 PM
no vinny is just old... :lol:

good luck to this guy and his side business...

andifyou are good friends withhim ask him where i can get a service manual for my bike.. i like to tear the engin aprt this winter and go silly

OK

Vin
09-21-2005, 05:24 PM
I cleaned the thread up and left only the topic-related stuff in. PM me with questions/complaints. Sorry guys.

PitsVtec
09-22-2005, 12:00 PM
I talked to Larry last night and trying to get him to sign up. He's cool with people contacting him for help, but don't forget there's a fee for his services depending on what you need done. If you do need his help, please give him time to pick up parts for your bike if needed.

RonJ83
09-22-2005, 12:08 PM
pits if you can get him to sign on it would be cool. i might be getting a ohlins rear shock over the winter and im gonna need someone to put it on for me.

soda7o
09-22-2005, 12:25 PM
pits if you can get him to sign on it would be cool. i might be getting a ohlins rear shock over the winter and im gonna need someone to put it on for me.

wow youreally wanna hit the trakc hu...
yeah putting it in is easy dialing it in is a diff story but WCW is the place for that/

BTW pits ronis right it woudl benice if he signs on and people can ask him questiosn and get info directly form the horses mouth.

PitsVtec
09-22-2005, 12:31 PM
yeah putting it in is easy dialing it in is a diff story but WCW is the place for that/

BTW pits ronis right it woudl benice if he signs on and people can ask him questiosn and get info directly form the horses mouth.

Yeah last night he did the oil changes and it was kinda late so I think he probably just fell asleep...but he's aware and I'm going to pester him about it

Rev
09-22-2005, 12:37 PM
yeah he did mine and throttle's oil change last night...he has a bike lift so it's easier..the guy has like 20k in tools in his house/shop. Really clean job..he even sprayed down my bike with the honda spray..lol

as far as the valve job he said it would take too much time because he can't focus on it now. He honestly said to take it to someone who can do it with in a day because it would take him some time to do it cuz he's really busy.

PitsVtec
09-22-2005, 12:39 PM
yeah he did mine and throttle's oil change last night...he has a bike lift so it's easier..the guy has like 20k in tools in his house/shop. Really clean job..he even sprayed down my bike with the honda spray..lol

as far as the valve job he said it would take too much time because he can't focus on it now. He honestly said to take it to someone who can do it with in a day because it would take him some time to do it cuz he's really busy.

Not to mention he works during the day. He feels that when a bike is brought there, he wants it in and out...that won't be the case working all day and having the bike there to work on afterhours.

RonJ83
09-23-2005, 02:09 PM

well accually the ohlins is for my fat ass lol. a buddy of mine over at **-forum told me that the ride would be ALOT smoother and less damaging on my ***** if i get the ohlins, and its great for track too lol

soda7o
09-23-2005, 02:11 PM
well accually the ohlins is for my fat ass lol. a buddy of mine over at **-forum told me that the ride would be ALOT smoother and less damaging on my ***** if i get the ohlins, and its great for track too lol

i dont knwo what ** means but i woudl suggest yougo to WCW and get your suspension done for 25$ before you blwo a couple hundred bucks on a shock ...

Vin
09-23-2005, 02:49 PM
i dont knwo what ** means but i woudl suggest yougo to WCW and get your suspension done for 25$ before you blwo a couple hundred bucks on a shock ...

HUGE +1

RonJ83
09-25-2005, 10:10 AM
well the only reason for me to even pick up the ohlins is cause my buddy is selling off his r6 and hes giving me the ohlins for $300, you tell me where i can pick up a ohlins for $300, figured its too good of a deal to pass up. but then again still waiting on his word on whats gonna happen.

Divine Tragedy
10-06-2005, 12:21 PM
can he do body work?

PitsVtec
10-06-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm sure he could and if he can't I know 2 other people that can.