PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know/Own a 12-Volt Stereo/Audio/Mechanic Type Shop in NY/NJ?

Onedwn5up
09-21-2005, 10:50 AM
I own part of and manage a company called Smart Start in NJ & NY. I put the Ignition Interlock Device (breathalyzers) in cars for DWI offenders that want their license back or need to get their vehicle out of impound.

The device is wired into the starter & ignition system and requires a passing breath sample in order to start the vehicle. They then have to comply with retests while the vehicle is running to make sure they are remaining sober or that someone else didnt start the vehicle for them.

Because overhead is so high in these States and opening up private facilities is not financially feasable, I have what are called Contract Shops install and service the devices. The shop gets a fee for installing the device and then there is a monthly recurring as well since they must come back every 30-60 days to be downloaded and calibrated. Many of these shops also see additional sales from these people coming to their location.

I currently have two shops in NJ -1 in lakewood and 1 in the riverdale area. I have 3 on long island -Elmont, E. Northport, Patchogue. I have 2 in western NY- West Senenca, Auburn.

I need to add an additional 4-5 shops in NJ. I want one near May's Landing, Cherry Hill, The Brunswick Area, Union area and possibly Trenton or Deptford. The idea is to have geographic coverage of the State.

In NY, I will add shops depending upon the particular county that I have a shop willing to provide service in. I will need to contact Probation in that county to see if they have the people to support the need for a shop there, but areas such as Albany, Westchester and Orange County come to mind as areas that I want to add shops.

You can learn more about my business by going to www.tristatesmartstart.com -this is my local site. And my national site is www.smartstartinc.com My company is in 37 States nationally.

One of my shops is on track to do an additional 30K in revenue this year by the addition of my service. They have a solid volume of clients and depending upon your area, providing the service will come with clients that are already in the area that are currently travelling to another location. Every shop may not be a 30K shop off the bat, but it has the potential to cover things like rent and turning the lights on. In NJ, there is also pending law that is going to make the ignition interlock device mandatory for all 1st time offenders. This intitiative has the potential to make major revenue as there were 26,000 1st time offenses in NJ in 2004.

The other thing is that you would be doing a great service to your State and local community by actively reducing the number of potential drunk driving incidents. I feel very strongly about what I do since drunk driving is an epidemic and kills and maims many innocent people every year.

I also assist in press releases and other PR intitatives to help your business as well.

If you know someone or are interested in learning more about this, give me a call and I will be happy to speak with you about it.

Eric Sampson
973-692-1922 Work
973-704-1555 Cell
Tri-State Smart Start

Rev
09-21-2005, 11:03 AM
wow this sounds like an intresting business. I will call you for a business opp and some questions regarding this prodcut

Onedwn5up
09-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Look forward to speaking with you. -Eric

wow this sounds like an intresting business. I will call you for a business opp and some questions regarding this prodcut