PDA

View Full Version : DOT Michelin PR3 race tires

John712
09-13-2009, 06:07 PM
What can you tell me about them?

Pros vs Cons

What is the comparison to the Bridgestone BT003's, Pirelli SCPros..

Temp settings Hot and Cold....

ronaldo9
09-13-2009, 06:34 PM
They are good tires John comparable to all the ones you mentioned. I just heard when they start to go off they really go off without warning. You may need to adjust your ride height though on your suspension. I don't know the pressures off hand but I do know the cold pressures are really low something like 22psi cold in the rear.

Ant
09-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Ewwww. Michelins have a very triangle profile which makes turn in a lot different from Pirelli's or Bstones.

Drew13
11-04-2009, 06:19 PM
So why is that Ewwww? Stiffy runs them, Rob Jensen runs them...

Cakes206
11-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Contingency.

MarioB
11-04-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm trying them next year, stg has great prices on michelins.

Ant
11-06-2009, 10:47 AM

True but my name is Ant...not Stiffy or Rob Jensen. I just don't really care for the Michelins.

pillaka
11-06-2009, 12:18 PM
If you never tried something, how would you know if you like it or not? LOL

PR3's are one of the old michelin fronts (power race), the power one's are the new ones. I never tried the old michelins, a lot of people talk shit about them, but prob 4/5 of them never even tried em. Nice thing is a lot of places are selling them real cheap. I do have to say the new michelins rock, I was getting them for 380 a set, pretty much the same price as the pirelli diablo supercorsas. The michelins have a stiffer carcass vs. the pirellis. The have an A, B, C rear (soft -> hard), and A and B front and a V front. The V front is like and A tire but it more triangulated for better turn in. Personally I never tried the V front, I was content running A and B fronts. Yes contingency is better vs. pirelli if you're winning races, for me though I seemed to get more life out of michelin tires.

Ant
11-07-2009, 09:57 AM
If you never tried something, how would you know if you like it or not? LOL

PR3's are one of the old michelin fronts (power race), the power one's are the new ones. I never tried the old michelins, a lot of people talk shit about them, but prob 4/5 of them never even tried em. Nice thing is a lot of places are selling them real cheap. I do have to say the new michelins rock, I was getting them for 380 a set, pretty much the same price as the pirelli diablo supercorsas. The michelins have a stiffer carcass vs. the pirellis. The have an A, B, C rear (soft -> hard), and A and B front and a V front. The V front is like and A tire but it more triangulated for better turn in. Personally I never tried the V front, I was content running A and B fronts. Yes contingency is better vs. pirelli if you're winning races, for me though I seemed to get more life out of michelin tires.

I actually did try a set of the old Michelins. That's why I say I don't like them. I didn't realize the new ones come in a non V front. I'd try a non V front again.

Drew13
11-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Can get the Power Ones right now for $290 Shipped. Strongly considering trying them.