PDA

View Full Version : video editing software

NYCSTRIPES
08-11-2009, 03:27 AM
Hey video buffs...whats everyone using to edit their track videos? I would like a couple of suggestions for editing software.

thanks

lateapex
08-11-2009, 08:18 AM
I use Windows Movie maker. It's kinda cumbersome but it was free with the PC So I can't really complain.

FDNYDANO18
08-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Imovie...but dont ask me how to use it...lol..:moocow:

spyder
08-11-2009, 09:51 AM
Pinnacle Studio great software.

ronin_01r1
08-11-2009, 10:37 AM
windows movie maker. it's super easy to use. load the video. chop it up where you want to cut out parts. merge the ones you want into the new video. add various transition between the clips. i think you can add music but i haven't tried that.

NYCSTRIPES
08-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Imovie...but dont ask me how to use it...lol..:moocow:

Useless to me, I have a windows based system. Anyway, I found a video clip I shot on the TLR at NJMSP from last September with me following you. Long video, Youtube rejected it. I have to shorten it.

NYCSTRIPES
08-11-2009, 12:06 PM
windows movie maker. it's super easy to use. load the video. chop it up where you want to cut out parts. merge the ones you want into the new video. add various transition between the clips. i think you can add music but i haven't tried that.

I did use the WMM software, worked ok, but I was unable to use the Windows Movie Format to upload to youtube. How did you change the format of the movie to something other than the MSWMM format?

lateapex
08-11-2009, 12:22 PM
I did use the WMM software, worked ok, but I was unable to use the Windows Movie Format to upload to youtube. How did you change the format of the movie to something other than the MSWMM format?

Go to youtubedownload.altervista.org

Download and install the youtube downloader. It has a converter tool that works great.

I added music with Movie maker but when I posted it on Youtube they tagged the music as copywrite infringement.

NYCSTRIPES
08-11-2009, 01:30 PM
cool, thanks George.

update..
tried the software, it wouldn't see the wmm file that the windows media software created from my original video file.

hmm. back to the drawing board.

ronin_01r1
08-11-2009, 02:04 PM

i'll look into it tonight. i don't think i did anything. i thought it automatically saved the video in mpeg format. i'm on windows vista, fyi.

NYCSTRIPES
08-11-2009, 02:10 PM
thanks, appreciate that.

Jake
08-11-2009, 06:48 PM
CyberLink Power Director.. it can be found for free on the internetz. :)

lateapex
08-12-2009, 09:57 AM
cool, thanks George.

update..
tried the software, it wouldn't see the wmm file that the windows media software created from my original video file.

hmm. back to the drawing board.

WMM files are just the movie maker file and used so you can re-edit all the work you did. Once you done editing you need to publish it to your computer. This will put it in a video format, wma, avi, or something like that. Then use the youtubedownloader to convert the format to what you need.

ronin_01r1
08-12-2009, 06:03 PM
with windows movie maker, once i'm done chopping up the clips and put together the clips i want, i publish to my computer. the next screen, i can select the quality of the video. i just leave it on "recommended" setting. it makes a wmv file. then on youtube i upload the wmv video...which has to be under 10 minutes. i think youtube compresses it automatically, unless my video was already small enough. the biggest video i uploaded to youtube this way was 141mb.

NYCSTRIPES
08-12-2009, 06:12 PM
thanks, I will give it a try.