PDA

View Full Version : trailer electric issue

John712
07-26-2009, 02:26 PM
my 6x12 has no lights now!

not while connected to 2 trucks, mine and Cakes.

I remember them working when I dropped it off to cakes storage, because I had to leave my truck running in order to see what we were doing inside the trailer at night when we packed for Mosport.

Anyone in the caravan remember if they were working on the way to Mosport? I know they weren't working on the way home, we were informed of that. Then didn't work when i connected the trailer to my truck when we got to Joes house.

So far I checked all the wires outside in front of the trailer right to where it goes into the trailer, then checked the wires on top in the trailer and everything seems to be ok. Can the adapter go bad? I do not want to have to remove all the panels off the walls in the trailer if i do not have to.

Maybe I should start with the adapter 1st see what happens.

Any info? and i already called the office and they asked if i lent it to Foti, and i didn't

ffejtable
07-26-2009, 02:42 PM
ruh roh.... if its all lights, my guess would be a grounding issue... does it have the flat 4way plug?

John712
07-26-2009, 04:00 PM
I fixed it and all I have to say is

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

CBRBob
07-28-2009, 10:43 AM
Should have asked Ginoe, he is the trailer wiring master........

NYCSTRIPES
08-31-2009, 08:28 PM
Should have asked Ginoe, he is the trailer wiring master........

LOL

admittedly, I have zero luck with trailer lighting. Most of the time its the made in taiwan controller boxes you get from the local stores.
Next time out, I am going to try to get the one from the dealership. They seem to hold up better.