PDA

View Full Version : Leathers - Sizing - Does this fit?? (pics)

JSGAuto
07-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Hi everyone,

New to posting here. Recently decided to try a track day, even picked up a track only bike from a member here. :)

As you can see, I am shopping for gear. I bought this Joe Rocket suit on closeout from new enough (seems like the best bang for the buck). My question is, does this look like it fits me?

It is a size 44, I am 6-0 165lbs (all muscle)

I can't really stand comfortably due to the height (think croch) but in the tucked position, that is ok. Note my wrists, and leg....is that OK? There is a foam back protector in it now, a more appropriate one will be bought soon. Hoping that doesn't take up to much....but I think with the current foam protector removed, it will free up space, I can grab extra material on my chest/back right now anyway. Felt OK riding with street gloves and Sidi street boots you see.

So, what do you think? I really think the 46 would be to loose, as the waste and chest jump up ALOT.

Thanks!!!
Jim

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e59/JSGAuto/IMG_2325.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e59/JSGAuto/IMG_2330.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e59/JSGAuto/IMG_2329.jpg

John712
07-23-2009, 08:45 PM
as long as the suit don't twist on you all to much, legs and arm area. the wrist area looks like it will be good with the gloves that go above your wrist. but the ankle part might be a different story, what kind of boots do you have for the track?

JSGAuto
07-23-2009, 08:48 PM
I haven't bought a set or boots or gloves yet.

Was thinking the SP-1 or 2's gloves.

And boots, would be happy to have any recomndations.

Thanks
Jim

John712
07-23-2009, 08:52 PM
I haven't bought a set or boots or gloves yet.

Was thinking the SP-1 or 2's gloves.

And boots, would be happy to have any recomndations.

Thanks
Jim

Sidi Vortice :jam2:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/36/17316/ITEM/Sidi-Vortice-Air-Boots.aspx

But don't order from there, call Ron at WCW for pricing

www.washingtoncycleworks.com

ffejtable
07-23-2009, 09:29 PM
As you know, im much shorter than you and a 44 by most manufacturers was tight in the crotch for me. I had to move up to a 46, or go with the Astars 44 that I have now which fits differently.

SPRHK
07-23-2009, 09:43 PM
not to mention you're wearing Honda leathers on a yamaha............:wtf::nono:

John712
07-24-2009, 01:31 AM
not to mention you're wearing Honda leathers on a yamaha............:wtf::nono:

It's all about safety :D

Ant
07-24-2009, 06:27 AM
Honestly, that looks like it fits almost perfect. A good fitting suit will always be tight in the crotch when trying to stand up straight. Except on me and Rev, we're asian.

breeze
07-24-2009, 06:51 AM
that suit looks pretty good in my eyes. when you get a real back protector and maybe chest ...the upper will fill out.. and its always tight in the crotch but when your on the bike it feels fine... that how it should be....

..or you can be like cakes (new a stars) .......when i saw him.. it look like he had a 20 lb shit in his pants:)

RCM78
07-24-2009, 07:41 AM
Suit looks good. The chest will tighten up with the addition of a back protector and you can even throw a chest protector in there. Race gloves and boots will easily take up the difference.

Call Ron at WCW!!!

Cakes206
07-24-2009, 11:35 AM
Suit looks good. Bring to WCW(depending on where you're located) and try on a back protector right there. He also has wide range of gauntlet style gloves and boots. Mention the site, he'll take care of ya.

t..or you can be like cakes (new a stars) .......when i saw him.. it look like he had a 20 lb shit in his pants:)
Its the damn new style of the A*'s...Jimmy has the same ones too...the design is all together wrong and makes one look huge from the back...and I dropped almost 20lbs :lol:

JSGAuto
07-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Going to stop by WCW sometime this week.

And, yes, Honda gear on a Yamaha....I also have a suzuki, kawi, and several Hondas...I love them all!!

Jim