PDA

View Full Version : Motgi Spoiler

Kennedy
09-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Rossi Crashed out wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wow: He rubbed tyres with Marco Melandri and they both went down, Marco may be hurt to finish off the season, Rossi is in good shape!.......Loris Caparosi Won followed by Max and some other dude I forgot, this is a really shitty race spoiler :LOL:

RtypeNYC
09-18-2005, 06:56 PM
Tamada got 3rd. he won it last year.

Rossi didn't EVEN run into Melandri's tire, he ran into the SIDE of his bike. I heard Meladri's ok, but he has a cut foot... dunno if that's true or not. they took him out on the stretcher.

Capirossi ran a great race, but I was really hoping Rossi was going to get to draft Melandri and mix it up with Capi and Biaggi.

Kennedy
09-18-2005, 07:06 PM
Tamada got 3rd. he won it last year.

Rossi didn't EVEN run into Melandri's tire, he ran into the SIDE of his bike. I heard Meladri's ok, but he has a cut foot... dunno if that's true or not. they took him out on the stretcher.

Capirossi ran a great race, but I was really hoping Rossi was going to get to draft Melandri and mix it up with Capi and Biaggi.

Yea I saw all of the replays, just goes to show how a confliction of two different lines...and riders can be dangerous in this sport....I could have sworn Capirossi was gonna lay it down in those last laps.!

IrocRob
09-18-2005, 08:04 PM
According to SPEEDNEWS, Rossi filed a complaint
against Melandri and it was denied by the officials.
What a surprise...What the hell was Rossi thinking?
I can only imagine the complaint sounded like this:

EE WONT GIT DA L OUTTA MY WAY, SO I HIT IM... :lol:

Kennedy
09-18-2005, 08:12 PM
LMAO....He filed a complain on Melandri? What is he complaining about lol

DougZ
09-18-2005, 08:46 PM
IMO, Rossi was where he shouldn't have been. That was Melandri's real estate and he has no idea the doctor was there when he dumped it in for the turn. Rossi is to blame. If he did file a complaint, he's just mad that Melandri didn't get spooked by him and stand it up like Hayden did.

Fuggin Sete is killin me......I really want that dude to win.

Biaggi is the devil...put horns on that dude and you have satan. LOL

IrocRob
09-18-2005, 09:48 PM
SPEEDNEWS got it wrong tonight -
According to www.superbikeplanet.com the complaint
was filed against Rossi, and denied after "a long meeting"
Other riders have supposedly been banned from one race for similar actions.
Rossi, of course, says he is innocent.

From www.SuperBikePlanet.com

Valentino Rossi (Gauloises Yamaha Team), DNF "We knew this would be a difficult race but the mechanics worked hard to improve the bike this morning in the warm-up and it worked well over the first few laps. I was able to pass a lot of people but I started to have a few problems with the front tire when I arrived behind the front three. I knew it would be a risk to try and overtake and I expected Loris to pass Max in the final few laps. I knew I could be World Champion with fourth place and so I decided to just wait and do my race. Then Marco made a small mistake and suddenly I was behind him. It was the first time I had followed him into turn ten and we took completely different lines. He went to the outside of the track to cut across and get good acceleration out of the corner but I went to the inside to run wider on the exit. For the first 50m of braking we were at exactly the same speed so there was no warning, but he was able to stop the bike much harder than me and I couldn't avoid him. You can't see it very well on the television but I wasn't even trying to pass him, it was just one of those things. I apologised to Marco and he said 'it happens.' Now I am very concerned for him and I just hope he is ok."

Davide Brivio - Gauloises Yamaha team director "Our first concern is for Marco Melandri. We are not sure of his injuries just yet but we hope it is not serious and I wish him well on behalf of the whole team. There was a protest against Valentino put forward by Honda on behalf of all its MotoGP Teams, but Race Direction has judged this unfounded. As far as the championship is concerned, it is a pity we couldn't finish it off here and for Valentino it is a shame that his run of podiums has been interrupted. All we can do is try to make up for it by taking the points back next time. Colin finished sixth in a difficult race, but it was an important result for him as it means that he remains in the top positions."

RtypeNYC
09-19-2005, 06:32 AM
Yea I saw all of the replays, just goes to show how a confliction of two different lines...and riders can be dangerous in this sport....I could have sworn Capirossi was gonna lay it down in those last laps.! true about the lines, but everybody, ESPECIALLY Rossi knows that whomever has the wheel out in front has right of way... so he shouldn't have been in that deep assuming Melandri wasn't going to stop it up short and turn it in. Rossi wasn't really even leaning when they crashed, so he wasn't anywhere near ready to turn it in. most of the time, you'll see a rider back off or line up behind the bike in front of him, but like Rossi said on the broadcast, HE made a mistake, because he didn't believe Melandri could brake and turn that fast.

as far as Capi, he almost bought it SEVERAL times trying to catch up to Biaggi, and one time he tried to pass Melandri and almost stopped COMPLETELY in a corner! :lol: still, he had the speed and consistancy to pull it out, and the hard/medium tire compound to pull away from Biaggi when his medium/soft tires ran out in the closing laps.

RtypeNYC
09-19-2005, 06:40 AM
SPEEDNEWS got it wrong tonight -
According to www.superbikeplanet.com the complaint
was filed against Rossi, and denied after "a long meeting"
Other riders have supposedly been banned from one race for similar actions.
Rossi, of course, says he is innocent.
you could tell Movistar was going to file by looking at their faces after the crash. I'm sure it's SOP.

it's clear that Rossi wasn't trying to pass Melandri. that's just not how it's done. if you don't have a particular position by a certain part of the straight, you wait for the next attempt. also, if he had been trying to pass Melandri, he would have had to slow down more ahead of time and stuff him on the inside of the turn. Rossi wasn't really even turning yet when they crashed, explained as he said by the fact that he was going to run a completely different line.

on top of that, Rossi and Melandri are not only countrymen, but friends and have respect for each other. it's retarded to believe Rossi would hit him on purpose. also, like Rossi said, if he had waited BEHIND Melandri for the rest of the race and Biaggi came in 2nd (which he did), Rossi would have been assured the World Championship, so there was no pressing incentive for him to try to pass Melandri, especially in a dangerous fashion.

either way, it was CLEARLY Rossi's fault for being in Melandri's blind spot when he wanted to turn in.

opinion914
09-19-2005, 07:56 AM
Rossi Tossi, see Hopkins qualify on the first row? a bit off topic, but how the hell is Edwards still in 3rd or maybe 4th now in points, he isnt on the podium enough i would have thought. and one more off the wall question...Did i hear correctly that Sete might be going to Ducati?

DougZ
09-19-2005, 08:12 AM
Rossi Tossi, see Hopkins qualify on the first row? a bit off topic, but how the hell is Edwards still in 3rd or maybe 4th now in points, he isnt on the podium enough i would have thought. and one more off the wall question...Did i hear correctly that Sete might be going to Ducati?

yeah Kev, they did say that Sete will most likely sign with Duc next year. Loris will be there again bext year too.

carl_g
09-19-2005, 08:18 AM
yeah Kev, they did say that Sete will most likely sign with Duc next year. Loris will be there again bext year too.
Loris has allready signed the contract with duc for 2006 season!
GO LORIS!
It is nice to see other great people win once and a while. When rossi goes down, you actually have a race to watch!

Anyone watch the 125 or 250 races?

carl_g
09-19-2005, 08:23 AM
AHAHAHA!!! I just realized this:

In the title, the course is spelled "Motegi" :lol:

opinion914
09-19-2005, 09:48 AM
Carl,

i dont think they aired the 2smoke races, maybe on tuesday.

Kennedy
09-19-2005, 10:37 AM
...Did i hear correctly that Sete might be going to Ducati?

Hmm I would figure probably not, since he is doing so well competing against the doctor again I would figure he would stick with honda

RtypeNYC
09-19-2005, 11:30 AM
Rossi Tossi, see Hopkins qualify on the first row? a bit off topic, but how the hell is Edwards still in 3rd or maybe 4th now in points, he isnt on the podium enough i would have thought.
CE relies on DNFs. besides Rossi, nobody else is as consistant as he is... albeit consistantly in 6th place!!! but with DNFs and he had a couple of good showings like 2nd @ Laguna, it's more that the leaders keep falling under him than he's passing them.

RtypeNYC
09-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Hmm I would figure probably not, since he is doing so well competing against the doctor again I would figure he would stick with honda?

Gibernau is now 7th place in the standings.

RtypeNYC
09-19-2005, 11:37 AM
Carl,

i dont think they aired the 2smoke races, maybe on tuesday.
yeah, those idiots don't show the 125s or 250s BEFORE they show MotoGP... however, they also don't edit out where the fuckin' announcers talk about "WHOEVER CRASHED IN THE 1-2-5s" and "WHOMEVER... WHO WON THE 250s", so if you watch MotoGP first, there's almost no reason to watch the rest of them.

carl_g
09-19-2005, 01:00 PM
speed channel sucks!

opinion914
09-25-2005, 07:45 AM
Carl,
i called speedvision and said "hey, my buddy ism wants to see more 2-smokes, he doesnt like the 990 gp's, So today only, just for you...there only airing 2smoke stuff.