PDA

View Full Version : Lanzi in WSB - germany spoiler

opinion914
09-17-2005, 08:07 AM
Its probably safe to talk about this now since the race was a week ago...

Anyone see Lanzi in the WorldSuperBike race last week in germany. basically he was put in as a replacement for Laconi since hes hurt. Lanzi really cleaned up, top 10 in the first race and the fucker WON the second. Great watching Haga (who i think is the most aggressive rider) give Lansi a hard time but Lanzi had none of it, he was even shuttring the door on Haga. WSB has really become a great race to watch, not like the Ducati Cup it was just 2 years ago. The commentators are actually entertaining too, not like the jerkoffs we have in AMA. i dont care what type of racing history you have, you need character to be a commentator, AMA has a bunch of saltine crackers, i do have hope for Greg White though

benellis
09-17-2005, 08:58 AM
I think race control kinda screwed Lanzi on the first race. He did safely return after the turn 1 incident. I think it should have been "no harm, no foul". I'm not particularly a Lanzi fan, but he was done wrong.

RtypeNYC
09-17-2005, 09:16 AM
I think race control kinda screwed Lanzi on the first race. He did safely return after the turn 1 incident. I think it should have been "no harm, no foul". I'm not particularly a Lanzi fan, but he was done wrong.?

there WAS a harm, and there WAS a foul. the section of track Lanzi took is not the same distance as the section of track everyone else took. on top of that, that's why they made the course, so racers would FOLLOW IT, not go wherever they want and arrive at the finish line somehow.

PLUS, racers are penalized even for starting before the lights tell them to. if your wheel leaves the box a split second before it's supposed to, you get a penalty. a stop & go, or a roll-through where you have to maintain a certain low speed, like happened to Lanzi.

that's what rules are for... to make the race fair for everybody.

Lanzi could have come back on the track and blocked another racer's line or even worse, hit him. fortunately, he didn't. Lanzi fucked up, plain and simple and NEEDED to be penalized. he downshifted to first gear accidentally, and blew the lefthander. instead of slowing down and coming back on the track relatively near where he went off, like he SHOULD have done, he chose to keep going and was rightfully penalized.

RtypeNYC
09-17-2005, 09:20 AM
Anyone see Lanzi in the WorldSuperBike race last week in germany.
yeah, Lanzi got BUSY! like you said, he shrugged off all the heat from Haga, Vermeulen, whomever and did his thing. if he hadn't blown the turn on the first race, I think he would have taken that too. he clearly had pace over all the rest of the racers.

I thought it was pretty funny watching Toseland struggle on the same bike, while this guy who doesn't even have a ride was out in front and going for the wins. :) hopefully Lanzi's in for the next race. I don't know if Laconi's coming back in. if he makes another good showing, I think Duc needs to go with Lanzi and Laconi and toss Toseland. he'll definitely get another ride.

I wanted Vermeulen to get his second double in a row, but the way Lanzi carried it in the second race, Vermeulen had nothing for him. Lanzi put in an excellent and strong performance, and he totally deserved the win.

opinion914
09-18-2005, 07:36 AM
yeah, im usually shooting for Vermuelen too, he seems like the kid next door kinda, still in touch w/ reality. See him backing it in last week? like n.Hayden does. Today we have motogp in japan and that should be good.