PDA

View Full Version : Rear brakes arent working after reassembly. Help me!

tsxguy77
04-14-2009, 06:00 PM
So, I took apart my rearsets to have them powder coated, and after I put it back together, the rear brakes are like jello! I did not touch the brake line so there is no reason for there to be air in the lines or anything. The only thing I can think of is this pictured below.

When I was trying to figure out how to remove everything I did twist this bolt assembly around a few times hoping it would unscrew. Could that be it? Im really at a loss and would rather get some insight for this before I take things apart again. Thanks!

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn191/blackwheelbarrow/SNC00043.jpg

IrocRob
04-14-2009, 06:23 PM
If you had the resevoir off the bike it may have been
upside down and that would let air get into the master
cylinder. Bolt it all together and bleed it out, see if that's it.

tsxguy77
04-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Good idea. I was afraid of having to bleed the brakes. Thats something I have always been afraid of doing myself for some reason. But maybe it wont be so bad. thanks!

IrocRob
04-14-2009, 06:35 PM
tsxguy77 - You have a PM

tsxguy77
04-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Well I still had some issues after bleeding it. The guy at the Honda dealership suggested using teflon tape on the speed bleeder to ensure no air gets back into the lines. Well the pedal isnt going down as far as it was before, and if I press down it does prevent the bike from moving under my own power and it can make me come to a stop slowly. I know the rear brakes dont have as much stopping power as the fronts, but I still feel like its lacking something. I used almost a whole new bottle of brake fluid bleeding this stupid thing and I dont think its quite right yet!

Cakes206
04-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Did you bleed the master too?

landshark
04-22-2009, 10:29 AM
DO NOT put tape on those threads. If even the smallest piece gets into the system its a rebuild job. How the hell some of the guys become mechanics is beyond me!

nyskg
04-22-2009, 08:26 PM
DO NOT put tape on those threads. If even the smallest piece gets into the system its a rebuild job. How the hell some of the guys become mechanics is beyond me!

+1 That guy has to be a complete idiot

John712
04-22-2009, 10:43 PM
OH MAN!!!!

I just did a rebuild on my entire system last night. All I did was swap the rims, then I had no pressure at all. I pumped the pedal like ohh a gazillion times. Finally I split the caliper, cleaned it out, took the brake line and blew it out with my compressor, took apart the master and cleaned it out, put it all back together and bam, I got pressure again :D

JimRBlue
04-23-2009, 08:08 PM
The smallest bubble can be a real pain..

Cakes206
04-24-2009, 09:52 AM
The smallest bubble can be a real pain..
You have no idea :fart:

JimRBlue
04-24-2009, 01:07 PM
I would have to say the worst ever was a rear brembo on an aprillia....