PDA

View Full Version : Front Caliper

PiPeManNYC
05-21-2005, 11:49 PM
I have a clicking sound in the caliper on my front tire.. anyone know what it could be

5wytchBh4kk
05-22-2005, 12:12 AM
all the time or only with the brake applied? can you isolate it to one side or both? check your rotors for burrs or maybe a dent. pads might be worn down far too. are both calpiers mounted securely?

Vin
05-22-2005, 12:14 AM
Chris, if you bring your bike by tomorrow we'll throw it up on my stands and see what happens.

PiPeManNYC
05-22-2005, 12:31 AM
its all the time i always heard it but its getting louder. I put it up on the front stand and spun the wheel by hand and you can still hear it click every rotation

5wytchBh4kk
05-24-2005, 06:10 PM
its all the time i always heard it but its getting louder. I put it up on the front stand and spun the wheel by hand and you can still hear it click every rotation

must be something with one of your rotors, if you're positive it is coming from your brakes...

Mack
05-24-2005, 09:22 PM
getting any head shake at high speed braking???

duc748pilot
05-26-2005, 09:50 AM
A click most likely would not be caused by your calipers unless you have a warped rotor that is so bad its catching on the pad every rotation...which is unlikely. Im going to have to go ahead and say you fried a wheel bearing, or the crown got distorted. do yourself a favor, to isolate the problem. remove your calipers....then spin the wheel. if its still clicking, get yourself some new bearings....and replace both sides...not just one. :)

Chris