PDA

View Full Version : CBR F4i Chain Conversion Question

BurnCycle
09-12-2005, 08:24 PM
No I don’t care about sizing or what brand is the best… The fact that I’ll be working on a Honda is bad enough, just helping a friend out.

I’ve got a bunch of large sockets but everything I’ve ever bought has been for a Suzuki. What is the nut size for the front sprocket and the rear axel? Just want to make sure I have it before he heads over.

Cheers.

carl_g
09-12-2005, 08:34 PM
I'll look it up for you when I get home

CBRBob
09-12-2005, 08:54 PM
The fact that I’ll be working on a Honda is bad enough.

Yea, actually working on a bike that dosen't need work done to it :wave2:

BurnCycle
09-13-2005, 07:08 AM
Yea, actually working on a bike that dosen't need work done to it :wave2:

Yeah, but thats the problem with a bike with no soul. :LOL:

High_Revs_17
09-13-2005, 01:42 PM
If you're not sure grab a MM ruler and measure them.

BurnCycle
09-13-2005, 02:02 PM
He's headed over tonight. I don't see it being an issue other Murphy states that if I have a 22mm and 24mm socket he'll need a 23mm.

I was just trying to be proactive. :)

BurnCycle
09-15-2005, 08:10 AM
Conversion complete.

He got the typical Vortex rear sprocket (+2) and went down a tooth on the front. I was wrong about the bike he had, turned out to be an old F2. Not bad shape for the year and mileage on it. The original chain was so stretched out the adjusters were backed out all the way it he still had a heap of slop to the chain.

That Vortex sprocket is considerably lighter than stock, but I can just see the teeth grinding down if not taken care of. He reported back the ride is very smooth now that the chain is adjusted properly and the acceleration is like having a new bike. :)

Total time 2-hours. Total cost for labor… A 6-pack. :naughty:

CBRBob
09-16-2005, 08:51 AM
Yeah, but thats the problem with a bike with no soul. :LOL:

Some people confuse actually having to fix things on a regular basis as having a good relationship with their bike and that it would mean their bike has character/soul. I believe a bike that does what you want when you want and then bring you home every time to be a bike with a good 'soul'. Then again, all the 'faithful' swear any bike non-hd to be soulless. Guess they are right in your terms. They are constatntly putting time/money into keeping them going :lol: