PDA

View Full Version : Bike Parking

SilverDragon
09-12-2005, 03:56 PM
I was getting tired of paying $18 a day when I ride to work and decided since the sidewalk by my job is closed that I could afford to park it on the side of the building and it wouldn't bother anyone.... wrong!!!

Security in the building has someone in the company sent out an email to everyone suggesting that whomever parked a bike next to the building should move, or the police will move it for him/her.

I come to find out, it's the building's security that wanted me to move, and not the police. I guess having a bike parked outside a building is a security liability, but having the same bike parked inside the building in the parking deck for $18, is not!

Bastages!!!!

FYI - I work in Jersey City.

Rev
09-12-2005, 03:59 PM
lol...man that sux...anywhere else to park it around there

PitsVtec
09-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Not if you want to keep the bike -LOL- leave it home...lol
I went to school there and almost watched my car vanish until I hit the alarm and the punk who was hanging around ran away

SilverDragon
09-12-2005, 05:35 PM
The only other option I have is to park at another lot a little further away from my building and pay $10 instead of $18.

Oh Well!

ronin_01r1
09-12-2005, 05:58 PM
get to know the guards before you do something like that. they're almost always willing to flex the rules a bit for ppl they know. ppl at my work park their bikes on the sidewalk next to the security booth since there's always someone there. this is a gov't building and parking on sidewalks, officially, "is not allowed". lol.

SilverDragon
09-12-2005, 06:33 PM
They do know me!.... chumps! Maybe not so much the guy in charge today! I have actually been parking in the building before when I ride to work. I'll try talking to them to find out if there's a better spot where I should park without having to get in the building.

soda7o
09-12-2005, 06:42 PM
what buildingor company do you work for.? you could always park in th ecity and take a free ferry over to JC

SilverDragon
09-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Oh no.. that's too much for me. I work at Harborside Plaza IV in Jersey City. I usually ride in when I'm running a little late. So that wouldn't work for me!

Kennedy
09-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Ouch jersey city is tough

NeonspeedRT
09-13-2005, 12:27 PM
You have to pay $18 a day to park at your work? I would find another job or take the bus to work. Thats insane.

SilverDragon
09-13-2005, 02:23 PM
either $18 a day or $240 for the month. They have some parking reembursement programs, but normally I just take public transportation into work. There's another parking lot in the area that's only $7 a day, but it's usually full by the time I get there, and I don't think they accept bikes, and it's all outside parking.

Throttle
09-13-2005, 03:10 PM
either $18 a day or $240 for the month. They have some parking reembursement programs, but normally I just take public transportation into work. There's another parking lot in the area that's only $7 a day, but it's usually full by the time I get there, and I don't think they accept bikes, and it's all outside parking.

LOL.. get a pocket bike... and just keep it at your desk :lol:

Kawibabe
09-13-2005, 03:38 PM
LOL.. get a pocket bike... and just keep it at your desk :lol:

HA HA HA HA!!! I would love to see that!!! :lol:

SilverDragon
09-13-2005, 07:29 PM
I might have to do that, 'cause I may be moving to Jersey City soon. They're a lot less expensive than the freakin' segways!

TomMatas3
09-14-2005, 08:30 AM
that's friggin nuts.. tell them you should get half price since you have half as many tires and take up 1/2 as much space!

wcrbikemike
09-14-2005, 12:34 PM
I am guessing that you may work for Mizuho Bank. I think the security company for that building is Spartan Security. I know the head guy there.