PDA

View Full Version : My bike's finally home

High_Revs_17
09-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Jason (Killer Loop) was gracious in trailering and keeping the bike up at his place in NY being I went down a short distance from there. We thought I had a buyer from his location but the guy backed out and since there weren't any other takers it was time for it to come home.

As it was rolled out of the trailer, seeing it for the first time since before the accident was tough being I never had a chance to look at it after I went down due to the treatment for my injury at the scene. I was just staring at it in awe not believing it was still my bike...the bike that was immaculate, perfect and polished at one time. I used to wipe it down after every ride and it had a bath once a week or more if it was caught in the rain.

It's dirty from being tossed around in the grass, the gas tank is badly damaged on both sides with a hole the size of a dime in it on the right front side. The bars and lower controls on both sides are magled along with the controls on the bars. Engine's lower casings are scraped,the instrument clusters are mangled, and the rear plastics are scratched...it got it on all sides. Head and chin fairings were ripped off and trashed along with the front signals. And the exhaust is pushed into the swingarm and scratched. I'm not sure about the forks or the frame but the bike does roll easily on it's own.

Now it's just sitting quiety upright, covered with two sheets like a dead body. I don't even want to look at it any more for it brings back horrible memories of the accident. It'll be gone soon when Rider picks it up due to it being a total loss. And I'm glad cuz as much as I loved that bike, I could never ride it again.

I'll post up pics the moment I get new batteries for my digicam...what a mess. :nono:

Rev
09-09-2005, 01:44 PM
wait...so you actually went though insurance??? why did you do that..how much did they give you

High_Revs_17
09-09-2005, 02:05 PM
wait...so you actually went though insurance??? why did you do that..how much did they give you

It won't be worth my time and effort to part out the bike and a junk yard will only give me $500 for it, so I'm taking the $1,800 from Rider. They said it would take $4,000 for them to fix it and it's double the worth of the bike that's why it's totalled.

The moment the police filed the accident report that info. is now listed on my driving record. Every insurance company that looks up my driver's license number will see that info so for me to take payment at this point doesn't matter. But the accident was listed as a "no fault" so there's a good chance my ins. rates won't increase $500 the next term on my auto insurance.

Rev
09-09-2005, 02:17 PM
It won't be worth my time and effort to part out the bike and a junk yard will only give me $500 for it, so I'm taking the $1,800 from Rider. They said it would take $4,000 for them to fix it and it's double the worth of the bike that's why it's totalled.

The moment the police filed the accident report that info. is now listed on my driving record. Every insurance company that looks up my driver's license number will see that info so for me to take payment at this point doesn't matter. But the accident was listed as a "no fault" so there's a good chance my ins. rates won't increase $500 the next term on my auto insurance.

I really didn't think it mattered..as long as the insurance companies didn't pay out..did you ask around..i remember your old post regarding this. I mean if it's a lose lose situation then yeah i can see giving it up to rider..but if it's a possibility that it wasn't gonna go against you...even selling it to the junk yard for 500 bucks is better then your premium sky rocketing was a result of you giving it to rider...I don't know the full details...

Also what other bike are you looking at in the future...How long are you out for?

Ant
09-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Awww, come on. My gixxer looked like that about once a season. :lol:

Islandmon
09-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Don't forget what I told you about trying to get more of the bike's value out of it. You got anough time on your hands to haggle a bit the worse that could happen would be that they say no.

High_Revs_17
09-09-2005, 02:26 PM
I really didn't think it mattered..as long as the insurance companies didn't pay out..did you ask around..i remember your old post regarding this. I mean if it's a lose lose situation then yeah i can see giving it up to rider..but if it's a possibility that it wasn't gonna go against you...even selling it to the junk yard for 500 bucks is better then your premium sky rocketing was a result of you giving it to rider...I don't know the full details...

Also what other bike are you looking at in the future...How long are you out for?

Those are the details as of now, but I still haven't closed my claim with Rider yet. I just spoke with Rider along with my auto ins. regarding the details.

My next ride will probably be a new Honda CBR 600RR and I will do some track days as soon as I'm comfortable with the bike just to get back into the groove...I will have lost my edge by the time this happens. I could be out of the game for one to two years from this past June. My leg injury is severe and might take a full year to heal.

High_Revs_17
09-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Awww, come on. My gixxer looked like that about once a season. :lol:

Ha-ha...even if I walked away from it there's no way I would've been able to ride it home, starter button and throttle's gone.

High_Revs_17
09-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Don't forget what I told you about trying to get more of the bike's value out of it. You got anough time on your hands to haggle a bit the worse that could happen would be that they say no.

Been there done that. Rider doesn't use the blue book, they have a standard category regarding each vehicle depending on it's value. It's a set price that cannot be negotiated. :jerkit:

Rev
09-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Those are the details as of now, but I still haven't closed my claim with Rider yet. I just spoke with Rider along with my auto ins. regarding the details.

My next ride will probably be a new Honda CBR 600RR and I will do some track days as soon as I'm comfortable with the bike just to get back into the groove...I will have lost my edge by the time this happens. I could be out of the game for one to two years from this past June. My leg injury is severe and might take a full year to heal.

great choice on the bike...I have the 05RR..the one's came out with some nice colors...including the almost white one...which is a crazy light silver metallic..kinda like eggshell white i think...I don't care what anyone says..the shape and build of the RR is just so easy to maneuver..the position of how you sit is nice and upright where you feel your towering and actually have full control of the beast...I also like the fact that their motors are great. The midrange powerband is nice. All in all I love the bike..lots to say about it..but don't wanna bore ya... :wow:

orion
09-09-2005, 03:41 PM
glad to see youre getting back on the horse, even after everything.

njf4i
09-09-2005, 04:14 PM
Well atleast you got to have time with your bike when it came back home. A lot of guys loose there bikes to thieves and never get to say goodbye.

So get that check and start window shopping Ron.