PDA

View Full Version : Hydrolic Clutch Question

Cakes206
05-21-2005, 08:47 PM
How the hell do you adjust a hydrolic clutch...I like my clutch to grab about 1/2" from the grip...the street sv is grabing way out...anyone?

:redhuh:

Vin
05-21-2005, 09:11 PM
How the hell do you adjust a hydrolic clutch...I like my clutch to grab about 1/2" from the grip...the street sv is grabing way out...anyone?

:redhuh:

I don't think you can, Cakes. I think the best thing you can do is adjust the clutch with the little dial. I had to relearn the whole friction point thing when I hopped on the SV for the first time but it's second nature now.

Cakes206
05-21-2005, 09:29 PM
I think the best thing you can do is adjust the clutch with the little dial.

Thats just it, there is no dial thing next to the lever like with a cable clutch...or you talking bout a different dial? :redhuh:

Vin
05-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Thats just it, there is no dial thing next to the lever like with a cable clutch...or you talking bout a different dial? :redhuh:

One sec, let me take a pic of mine. :rant:

Edit: Never mind, my batteries are dead. My clutch lever has a dial similar to the one on the brake lever where you can adjust the distance. Yours doesn't?

Cakes206
05-21-2005, 09:46 PM
One sec, let me take a pic of mine. :rant:

Edit: Never mind, my batteries are dead. My clutch lever has a dial similar to the one on the brake lever where you can adjust the distance. Yours doesn't?

Oh ok...I know what you're talkin bout...that dial is for the physical lever position...what I need to adjust is where the clutch itself grabs...the bike doesn't start to move till I have the lever almost all the way out...thats way to far...make sense?

MPtotheFZ
05-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Sounds like a shop adjustment to me. Good luck with it!

5wytchBh4kk
05-22-2005, 12:08 AM
what does it say in the manual?

Cakes206
05-22-2005, 12:24 AM
what does it say in the manual?

I knew someone was gonna break out the RTFM response :banghead:

Ripp53
05-22-2005, 08:54 AM
on a hidro clutch the only ajustment is with the dail that move the lever in or out(dail with the 4 number on it). if it's spongy you can bleed it other then that no adjustment.........

5wytchBh4kk
05-22-2005, 11:00 AM
I knew someone was gonna break out the RTFM response :banghead:

:roflmao:

duc748pilot
05-26-2005, 09:54 AM
"hydraulic" clutches cannot be adjusted as my boy ripp stated. But to lower the rate at which it grabs.....drain a hair of fluid out....therefore making it need more compression....therefore moving your "grab area" further in to the grip. you may have to experiment with that a time or two to get it right...but it can be done. if you need help call me joe.

IrocRob
06-05-2005, 11:54 AM
...drain a hair of fluid out....therefore making it need more compression....therefore moving your "grab area" further in to the grip...

Could you please explain this in a little more detail?
A hydraulic clutch system is the same as a brake system.
If you "drain a hair of fluid out", then the system allows more
fluid to enter the master cylinder when pressure is released.
Are you talking about leaving air in the system?
As far as I know, that's the only way to change the "grab point"
without changing master cylinders. Unless you happen to have
a screw type adjuster between the lever and the master cylinder.

Commuta_Busa
06-08-2005, 01:48 PM
other than adjusting the lever position there isn't much you can do unless you swap things out....

ya' can always try a -8 clutch line! prob make it nice n mushy

CBRBob
06-08-2005, 05:46 PM
Get one of those CRG levers that can be adjusted.