PDA

View Full Version : Shenandoah National Park / Blue Ridge Mountains

ronin_01r1
09-07-2005, 06:25 PM
http://www.nps.gov/shen/

http://data2.itc.nps.gov/parks/shen/ppMaps/ACF91F9%2Epdf

has anyone been there to ride?

im thinking of doing a weekend trip out there before the season is up.

:nod2:

DougZ
09-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Let me know when you are thinking of taking this trip. I may be up for a road trip...a cheap one anyway. LOL

ronin_01r1
09-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Let me know when you are thinking of taking this trip. I may be up for a road trip...a cheap one anyway. LOL

YES. that's how i like to do it also. it'd probably be on one of the upcoming 3 day weekends...and come back by Monday night, maybe Tuesday night.

DougZ
09-07-2005, 08:47 PM
YES. that's how i like to do it also. it'd probably be on one of the upcoming 3 day weekends...and come back by Monday night, maybe Tuesday night.

This weekend, 10-11..no good, track day at Pocono......
Next weekend, 17-18, no good, Moms coming to town......
Weekend of 24-25, SV Rally in middle of nowhere PA........

After that, my dance card is open...just let me know. :)

IrocRob
09-07-2005, 09:06 PM
I just might join you for this one -
Riding the Blue Ridge :) :)

FigNewTon
09-07-2005, 10:57 PM
If I can make it I will definitely come up and meet you. Let me know when you work out the details.

ronin_01r1
09-08-2005, 11:58 PM
i want to do it on a three day weekend so i can save my vacation days...

next ones coming up are...

columbus day w/e october 8-10, and possibly 1 day before or after.

veterans day w/e november 11-13, and possibly 1 day before or after.

im flexible on dates and whether it's for 2-4 days.

anyone still down for this? the ride would definitely not be a race through the national park as i've been warned by several parties and some locals that the LEO presence is high especially it being a holiday weekend. but im guessing that if we keep it within about 15 of the speed limit in the curves, we'll be okay. the locals i've spoken to say the staights is where they'll be waiting. anyways, i want to go for the great views, nice roads, and a sweet way to end the 2005 riding season.. well, im sure i'll ride afterwards, but this will definitely be my last long trip for '05.

has anyone made a trip like this with minimal camp gear? im not into camping but i've heard it's pretty cool to do it like this and makes the trip a whole lot cheaper. im not even sure how much stuff you can pack on a sportbike and still manage to sleep comfortably at a campsite...i definitely want to pack light for this. any experienced people want to shed some light on this?

DougZ
09-09-2005, 08:08 AM
I am up for October...but even then, camping may be kinda cold at night. I am sure if we have a group and are sharing rooms at cheap hotels, it should be pretty cheap..plus, then you don't have to try and carry camping gear on the bikes.

FigNewTon
09-09-2005, 08:47 AM
I'm with Doug....It will be nice during the day but once the sun goes down it is going to get ice cold in the mountains.

ronin_01r1
09-09-2005, 08:58 AM
I'm with Doug....It will be nice during the day but once the sun goes down it is going to get ice cold in the mountains.

cool. that's fine with me. are you guys down for this? are the dates i listed above good for you guys? like i said, my schedule's flexible...let's pick a date. for you guys up in north jersey or further up, you guys are welcome to stay at my place the night before so we can grab some breakfast and get an early start. im at 08619. i also have a garage for safe keeping of anyone's bike too.

DougZ
09-09-2005, 10:21 AM
cool. that's fine with me. are you guys down for this? are the dates i listed above good for you guys? like i said, my schedule's flexible...let's pick a date. for you guys up in north jersey or further up, you guys are welcome to stay at my place the night before so we can grab some breakfast and get an early start. im at 08619. i also have a garage for safe keeping of anyone's bike too.

The October dates are good for me...it will be plenty warm for riding at least during the day. Novemeber may be cold day and night.