PDA

View Full Version : Turning a wrench as much as twisting the throttle.

BurnCycle
09-06-2005, 11:20 AM
For some reason I found it necessary to tinker with my current bike more than any other bike I’ve had. One of the main reasons is the work I’ve done on another message board and its influence. But at the end of the day I think I’ve created something quite unique. Most everything is practical, a few items just for show, with others just for the track but nothing that compromises the ability to ride it into work on a daily basis.

So far (in no order):
Eurobikes undertail that I cut up and modified to my own design.
Gear position indication that incorporates a semi-active TRE (does not affect neutral map).
I purchased a Yosh (R-421) box so I could remap my bike when I wanted to (same one dealer uses).
Typical brake upgrades but went a little further: Front - ZX12R calipers, Busa Rotors, Goodridge lines, EBC HH pads; 04 GSXR 750 radial master cylinder. Rear 01 GSXR 1K caliper and 04 GSXR 1k rotor.
Forks from a 03 TLR (uses .94kg springs and better valving verses the TLS .74kg springs), also gold anodized.
Swingarm from a TLR modified to fit the TLS and painted black.
Bitubo conventional rear shock (gets rid of the rotary damper completely).
Bitubo steering damper with carbon fiber casing.
Custom made billit clutch cover with clear window.
TLR fender
Custom painted hugger
Coerce Sprocket Guard
Gutted and remolded airbox with fiberglass (with the obligatory K&N filter).
520 chain conversion using a STEALTH sprocket (-1/+2) and gold RK chain.
Full Yoshimura exhaust that has been modified into a 2-1 system
TLR battery box custom mounted onto side of frame and relocated electronics.
Liquid black paint job

http://www.mariposaderojo.com/Pics/TLS/21Jun05/BR34_1_Web.jpg

My wallet hates me. :D

Kennedy
09-06-2005, 11:35 AM
So do we :)

Cakes206
09-06-2005, 11:44 AM
For some reason I found it necessary to tinker with my current bike more than any other bike I’ve had.

I hear ya...I been doin stuff more and more on my own as well...had new tires put on the track sv the other day...took the rims off and back on...I've done it before but always wanted someone there so I didn't fugg anything up...building confidence in my own work...just changed brake pads on an F4i....and I'm a pro at changing plugs on an F4i too :lol:

BurnCycle
09-06-2005, 12:31 PM
had new tires put on the track sv the other day...took the rims off and back on...I've done it before but always wanted someone there so I didn't fugg anything up

Yep, I just went through that at my last track day (08/22). It was a mad panic rush of get the rims off, steel my buddies truck to take the wheels/tires over to the tire truck, wait, get 'em back on and run through tech with enough time to get the wits together before heading out.

Nothing like using the track to scrub in a new set of street tires. :LOL:

Cakes206
09-06-2005, 12:36 PM
What track day org you ride with?

Ant
09-06-2005, 12:41 PM
I hear ya...I been doin stuff more and more on my own as well...had new tires put on the track sv the other day...took the rims off and back on...I've done it before but always wanted someone there so I didn't fugg anything up...building confidence in my own work...just changed brake pads on an F4i....and I'm a pro at changing plugs on an F4i too :lol:

Come on now....I can change out a set of rims front and rear in 15mins or less.

Just giving you a hard time. :lol: Doing your own work is very satisfying...unless you're stressing on it like at the track or the night before.

BurnCycle
09-06-2005, 12:54 PM
What track day org you ride with?

TPM :)

Cakes206
09-06-2005, 01:44 PM
TPM :)

Awesome...check out this months raffle...

DougZ
09-06-2005, 01:47 PM
Nice ride, fo sho.