PDA

View Full Version : KATRINA

duc748pilot
08-31-2005, 04:58 PM
Please see the american red cross website and make all donations either direct to the red cross or to the list on the red cross website. There are already reports of scam emails and such going around. Sick people in this world. Looters? dont worry the military, state police, and others are being directed to the area. You have got to wonder what a third world war would bring about.

I dont beleive the entire scope of this event has sunk into any of our heads as of yet. whatch the news, make a donation, and (from a guy who dosnt) pray for these people. (the ones not shooting at police officers and medivac helichopters)

Kawibabe
08-31-2005, 05:19 PM
It's awful there, bodies floating around and things....

neebelung
09-01-2005, 09:30 AM
It gets worse by the minute... now they're stopping the transfer of evacuees to the Astrodome, cus there are armed mobs of people swarming the buses, and people SHOOTING at the helicopters as they try to leave. WTF people? I guess it's hard to comprehend the level of desperation these people have reached (days now with no food, water, shelter, etc... not to mention the heat, the odor, etc...) but really, what do they hope to accomplish by SHOOTING at police and helicopters? My thinking is, if I'm in that situation, I'm going to be happy for those who are able to get moved, and I'm gonna pray like crazy that I'm next. But what's to be gained by preventing people from leaving? It's not like you're gonna get their seat on the bus/helicopter....

*sigh*

It's beyond tragic. And yet much like 9/11, I find myself glued to the news every waking moment. As much as it saddens and sickens me, I can't stop watching it.

duc748pilot
09-01-2005, 09:40 AM
The military needs to send more people down there, if bush wasnt still fucking around overseas getting our people killed...they would have the manpower. Im waiting on a phone call from the Mississippi Search and Rescue team to possibly be activated to go down. Also possible that i may be going down with FEMA once they release the activation of the nations volunteer firefighter service. To be 100% honest, at first i was chomping at the bit to get down there and help....now, seeing as to what is going on....i want to go down to give assistance int he search and rescue effort....not become a moving fucking target.

Mike295
09-01-2005, 09:42 AM
dude chris i totaly agree..

Vin
09-01-2005, 09:44 AM
The military needs to send more people down there, if bush wasnt still fucking around overseas getting our people killed...they would have the manpower. Im waiting on a phone call from the Mississippi Search and Rescue team to possibly be activated to go down. Also possible that i may be going down with FEMA once they release the activation of the nations volunteer firefighter service. To be 100% honest, at first i was chomping at the bit to get down there and help....now, seeing as to what is going on....i want to go down to give assistance int he search and rescue effort....not become a moving fucking target.

+1

Our guys and girls in Iraq need to be here, helping us.

And these fucking animals shooting at the rescue personnel, I hope you die in a watery grave. The police/fire/ambulance units are there to help you survive, not there to take your shit and allow you to loot to your heart's content.

duc748pilot
09-01-2005, 09:50 AM
Nope, when theyve had enough, they will put down the guns and start waiving flags to be picked up. it is TRUELY sickening. But i can tell you first hand there is nothing you can do but help. They are criminals....but in this friggin country even criminals get hot food and comfortable beds. if i do get the call wish me luck....i think im going to borrow a bulletproof vest from my father. its funny...but a side of me isnt even joking. like i said....this makes you wonder...what would a war of signifigant size on our soil begin? can you say civil war? or wait....is that already happening?

Vin
09-01-2005, 09:51 AM
I read that people were very upset that the prisoner buses were being evacuated first. Terrible.

neebelung
09-01-2005, 10:20 AM
+1

Our guys and girls in Iraq need to be here, helping us.

And these fucking animals shooting at the rescue personnel, I hope you die in a watery grave. The police/fire/ambulance units are there to help you survive, not there to take your shit and allow you to loot to your heart's content.

+1 I could not agree more.

And Chris, be careful... we'll all be thinking about you. Hats off to ya man, I know you've got a hard road ahead of you.

duc748pilot
09-01-2005, 10:24 AM
+1 I could not agree more.

And Chris, be careful... we'll all be thinking about you. Hats off to ya man, I know you've got a hard road ahead of you.

we'll see, i was told last night by a coordinator from mississippi search and rescue that due to my credentials its very possible. like i said though, right now i would rather not go. and shitty as it sounds to say that. :embarrass

neebelung
09-01-2005, 10:33 AM
...right now i would rather not go. and shitty as it sounds to say that. :embarrass

I don't think anyone can blame ya for feelin' that way.

duc748pilot
09-02-2005, 10:05 AM
The ENTIRE Firefighter Community is FURIOUS, myself included. Ive talked to Mississippi Search and rescue twice so far, and was told when they need me i will get a phone call. Numerous other firefighters and rescue teams have gotten the same thing, yet....no one has heard anything from anyone. FEMA issued a call for 1000 2 person teams (of firefighters) to be activated like two days ago....yet...no one has heard any more since. The united states has yet to gain control of this situation...5 days later. FEMA, DHS, etc etc....ARE CLUELESS. They have thousands of firefighters, ems, CIVILIANS even....ready to go down. Yet, the United States has CHOSEN not to use their internal resources. I have read the words of Fire depts and Cheifs down in the area...They are tired, They are hungry, They need to take a break. Will they get a break anytime soon? NO, Because the Federal Emergency Management Assoc HAS CHOSEN NOT TO BRING IN RELIEF. Not only in the Firefighter aspect, but EVERY aspect. This storm has taken out the legs of our emergency management system, the planning, logistics, relief, every single part of it. Sept 11th mistakes were covered up and not spoken about....Fema can not cover up these mistakes, they have dropped the ball big time, and innocent people are paying for it, every minute, every hour, of every day down there. For weeks to follow. They were victims of hurricane Katrina, They have now fell victims To a failed federal organization. Bef sure to thank your wonderful president as well.

Big thanks to our federal government for putting us through mandatory training and not using us in times of tragedy.

jcblitz
09-02-2005, 10:41 AM
I got a friend who is in the PA army national guard, his entire unit got activated to go down...but isn't there yet. Like you said, they got word they were going down, but haven't heard anything else since.

What I don't understand about the super dome situation is, why can't they have a heli drop some supplies (water/food/MRE's) and have a unit of armed forces distribute them in an orderly fashion. My whole issue with entire thing is the lack of order/organization and attempts to do something. Why don't these little "hoovervilles" organize into camps and try to help each other instead of getting drunk and starting fires. It's one thing to be in chaos and try to work through it instead of just standing there and crying for help.

John712
09-02-2005, 02:30 PM
The military needs to send more people down there, if bush wasnt still fucking around overseas getting our people killed...they would have the manpower.

yeah, he was able to send millions of dollars, supplies such as food, water ETC to the TSUNAMI victims within 3 days, but can't send nothing to New Orleans within a week, he can only deliver HIMSELF a overlook of the wreckage by a Helicopter. yeah, he can kiss my ass

ronin_01r1
09-02-2005, 07:41 PM
the government's gears move very very slowly...

they should send the looters to italy's prisons, they're what i would call prisons.