PDA

View Full Version : Home Theater Help!!

John712
12-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Does anybody truly know how to kook them up, the correct way?

My wife got me a LG Home Theater System (rear wireless speakers)

My question is, is there anyone who knows what they are doing if I were to take pictures of the back of the tuner/dvd player in one, plasma, cable box. whit all the wires provided and/or if I need to get any additional wires..

I got it hooked up, now, Im only getting sound from the 2 fronts, and bass box, NO SOUND from the 2 rears or the center speaker. Are different movies in different formats in order to get sound from them?

My older one took a dump not so long ago and i completely took everything apart not thinking I would get another one any time soon. But the person who hooked it up sometime ago does this for a living and we no longer talk like that any more. But my older system (Kenwood) had constant sound from all speakers. some people say that how its supposed to be while some say you only get sound at different times within a movie.

I will post pictures of what i have, meaning the theater system with model numbers, and my Plasma with model numbers if i have to, and maybe some of you can help me out here..

but until then, can someone explain the speaker situation like i mentioned above..

tommymac
12-26-2008, 02:08 PM
reformat it :lol:

Tom

JimRBlue
12-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Sounds like the surround processor section is not set right john. Are you running toslink for the audio side? How is the picture.. Are you getting any? Do you have a rough audio diagram?

Also I am assuming the rear speakers need power of some sort in order to receive the signal from some sort of transmitter?

Also make sure that the format is set to DTS / 5.1 on the playback source.

Make sure each component is using either an auto detect setting or the correct path for each signal.. IE

HDMI , component, etc.

Just check your wiring overall john.

CBRBob
12-26-2008, 08:52 PM
http://lauro.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/rtfm-bd.jpg

Jake
12-26-2008, 08:57 PM
http://chris.narx.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/rtfm.jpg

JimRBlue
12-26-2008, 09:05 PM
:crackup: :crackup: :RMA: :RMA: :RMA:

John712
12-27-2008, 09:06 AM
the manual is in broken English and shows more pictures other then telling you what to do!!!

RCM78
12-27-2008, 09:59 AM
the manual is in broken English and shows more pictures other then telling you what to do!!!

Pictures should be good for you.

CBRBob
12-27-2008, 10:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yn_8_mnZ_w

John712
12-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Got it all set up!

Completely different then what the manual says to do, I followed that manual and nothing was working. With the help of my cousin it sounds awesome and I am satisfied now. I spend a good portion of the day snaking wires through the walls for all the speakers and missed all the games.

But I was like screw the games, I got to get this done because I am anxious to get it done, spackle the holes I made and the old holes from the older 52" because I lowed the new 52" some because the frame is smaller and looks weird that high. Now tomorrow I paint and will be completely done! I had to paint the room anyways so this gave me the reason to do it NOW lol

overall I'm happy with it, cable works, DVD works, radio and ipod works. :D:D

Brian78
12-29-2008, 12:08 AM
patriots dont work though

Jake
12-29-2008, 02:36 AM
I spend a good portion of the day snaking wires through the walls for all the speakers and missed all the games.

But I was like screw the games
I don't know what's more funny, 18-1 or an 11-5 team's season ending in December while an 8-8 team wins a division. :crackup: :LOL: :crackup:

CBRBob
12-29-2008, 08:07 AM
I don't know what's more funny, 18-1 or an 11-5 team's season ending in December while an 8-8 team wins a division. :crackup: :LOL: :crackup:

Or a team that wins most of their games in shootouts because they can't do better than a tie in 65mins.

JimRBlue
12-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Glad you got it all sorted out John

Sue
12-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Glad to hear it John!! Now...go and enjoy it (with Brenda)! :)