PDA

View Full Version : My 08RR Dyno is off

tsxguy77
12-10-2008, 01:58 AM
So while I was in Virginia for the AMA Superbike races, I had my bike put on the Dyno for the hell of it at a bike show at Triangle Cycles. Anyway, as far as performance goes, I only have a Jardine exhaust and a PCIII with the custom map downloaded from from DynoJet specifically for the Jardine pipe. Anyway, these results are less then stock results. I always thought Jardine was known to be a good exhaust company. Ive been starting to hear otherwise on some other forums. I cant see the Jardine being the sole cause for this. Any ideas? Im planning to get a custom map but only if its really worth it. Some folks have suggested the Z-bomb from Bazzaz.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/tsxguy77/Dyno.jpg

ronaldo9
12-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Custom map downloaded isn't really a custom map in a sense. It is pretty generic but just a guess the tune is probably rich and you could be losing power. Go to a dyno shop and have them retune your bike and post back. Otherwise that curve looks fairly smooth if the bike is running strong/good who cares how much hp it has.

CBRBob
12-10-2008, 10:08 PM
How do you know it's less than stock? Did they run your bike on that dyno in similar conditions and then compare the numbers? Simply put, many dynos have many varibles. As long as your fuel curve is smooth and you post a gain after the mapping, you are good to go.
Some places have notoriously high hp#s, some lower.

RCM78
12-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Every dyno is different. Mine says I have 172hp. In reality it's more like 155.

breeze
12-11-2008, 07:46 AM
i work with smg racing on there quarter mile bikes dynos are b.s... as said before there are so many varibles... ur curve seems pretty smooth for not getting n dialed in id be happy......