PDA

View Full Version : Man shot after fatal crash with a biker

Cakes206
08-27-2005, 01:45 AM
This happened bout 25 minutes from where I'm at...talk about a crazy situation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Man shot after fatal crash with a biker
Driver went to check the victim in Newark
Thursday, August 25, 2005
BY GEORGE BERKIN
Star-Ledger Staff

A motorist was shot in Newark's South Ward last night, moments after he was involved in an accident with a motorcycle that killed the biker, police said.

Police said the unidentified driver was shot several times after getting out of his vehicle to check on the condition of the biker.

The shooter remained at large late last night.

The motorist was making a U- turn on Irvine Turner Boulevard near Alpine Street about 8:15 p.m. when his vehicle was struck broadside by the motorcycle, police said.

The biker, identified by witnesses as Maleak Williams of Newark, died after being thrown from his motorcycle.

A woman at the scene, who identified herself as Keyonna but asked that her last name not be used, said Williams was her brother-in-law.

Williams, believed to be 28 or 29, was married and the father of four children, the woman said. She said Williams ran a clothing store in Pennsylvania.

"He was like the backbone of his family," the woman said. "He had open arms to everybody."

Another woman, Taheesha Williams (no relation), said she saw the accident and recognized Williams. She added that she saw Williams' wife, Kesha, rush to him seconds after the crash.

"It was crazy, it happened so fast," Williams said. "She (Williams' wife) said he took his last breath, and that's it."

The motorist was taken to University Hospital in Newark, where he was reported in stable condition with nonlife-threatening injuries, police said.

The scene, located near a fire department headquarters, was cordoned off with yellow tape as police investigated.

Police ask that anyone with information call (973) 733-4339.

Link to the story (http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/essex/index.ssf?/base/news-0/1124949319278120.xml&coll=1)

Qetesh
08-27-2005, 02:05 AM
Wow. Better move.

Smokes35
08-27-2005, 09:03 AM
Stuff like this makes me sick...

RIP-- thoughts and prayers to all who's involved families...

and i hope the find the shooter and he/she rots in prision for a while.

Bluegauges
09-08-2005, 10:41 PM
So who was the shooter?

Cakes206
09-08-2005, 10:50 PM
So who was the shooter?

Dunno...never saw any follow up :confused:

carl_g
09-08-2005, 11:19 PM
sorry but newark is a shit hole.. I wouldn't brag about living so close to this place :lol:

Cakes206
09-08-2005, 11:24 PM
sorry but newark is a shit hole.. I wouldn't brag about living so close to this place :lol:

Dude, It's Jersey....where you can be in downtown Paterson in just 25 min from Franklin Lakes w/o getting off the same road :lol:

carl_g
09-08-2005, 11:45 PM
Dude, It's Jersey....where you can be in downtown Paterson in just 25 min from Franklin Lakes w/o getting off the same road :lol:
ahahahaha true! :LOL:

orion
09-09-2005, 03:36 PM
whats so bad about patterson? :crazy: