PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Marines

NYCSTRIPES
11-10-2008, 07:04 PM
One the eve of U.S. Veteran's Day, I'd like to say thanks to all who've served and a Very Happy Birthday to the Marines.

http://www.usmcpress.com/heritage/marine_corps_birthday.htm

One of my favorite military movie lines...Nicholson's rant while playing Col Jessup in A Few Good Men.

"Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. I know deep down in places you dont talk about at parties, you don't want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to! "

Ripp53
11-10-2008, 11:35 PM
thanks you guys all that you have done and r going to do. thank you very much..........

Cakes206
11-10-2008, 11:43 PM
+1 thank you to all.

Great part of the movie Ken.

CORNBREAD
11-11-2008, 01:18 AM
GREAT THREAD!

Veterans day is overlooked by many. If it's not a day off from work some people feel it's not important.

Thanks to all our men and women who serve this great nation we all call home.

Ant
11-11-2008, 07:44 AM
Ooo Rah!

Sue
11-11-2008, 08:19 AM
Great thread!! Thank you guys/girls for everything you do out there for our country and for us!!