PDA

View Full Version : My Lcd Tv Took A Dump!!!!!!!

CORNBREAD
11-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Only 2 Years Old And Unfortunately I Never Purchases The Extended Warranty, Only Had 1 Year Manufactureres Warranty. Fuck!!!!!!!

I Was Watching The View This Morning When All Of A Sudden It Shut Off, Then When I Go To Turn It Back On, Nada. All I Get Now Is A Big Gray Spot In The Middle And A Vertical Line On The Bottom Of The Screen.

Where Can I Get It Fixed, If Its Worth It And How Much $$$ Am I Looking At? Or Should I Buy A New Tv. Who Would Have Thought This Piece Of Shit Lcd Would Only Last 2 Years. I Still Have A Sanyo 25 Inch Tube Tv In My Bedroom That I Bought From Walmart 10 Years That Works Excellent.:( :(

CORNBREAD
11-04-2008, 01:00 AM
I GUESS NOW IS THE TIME TO GET A GOOD PRICE ON A NEW TV

http://www.nydailynews.com/money/2008/11/03/2008-11-03_circuit_city_closing_155_stores.html

tsxguy77
11-04-2008, 01:23 AM
Well your first problem is you were watching the View.

I just got a new Samsung LCD and I did get the extended warranty. I used to work at circuit city and I am not a believer in extended warranties, but when it comes to TV's, I make an exception.

I just got the Samsung LN46A650 and all my friends are amazed at how good it is compared to their LCD's and Plasmas.

CORNBREAD
11-04-2008, 01:58 AM
Well your first problem is you were watching the View.

I just got a new Samsung LCD and I did get the extended warranty. I used to work at circuit city and I am not a believer in extended warranties, but when it comes to TV's, I make an exception.

I just got the Samsung LN46A650 and all my friends are amazed at how good it is compared to their LCD's and Plasmas.

cool, but u didnt answer my question...no soup for you

Ant
11-04-2008, 07:28 AM
Best Buy and Circuit City both have no interest financing deals so that is worth looking into. I like DLP TVs. Not wall mount small but very good for their size.

BTW, Elisabeth Hasselbeck is hot so watching the View from time to time is ok.

RCM78
11-04-2008, 08:18 AM
It might be worth a service call to diagnose the problem. Then decide if it's worth it. It might be something simple like a fuse.

Cakes206
11-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Call the manufacturer, they can/will point you to their closest service center, or another certified(for your particular make tv) service center for an estimate. When my plasma blew up(1 freggin month after the ext.war.) thats what I did, told the guy during the estimate if it gets to be $1500+ to fix, stop, put it back together and I'll pick it up. Needless to say it ended up in the dumpster. G'luck.

carl_g
11-04-2008, 09:05 AM
That sucks man...I am still not convinced about the longevity of the lcd technology. Panasonic Plasma gets my vote....(watch mine blow up tonight lol!)

CBRBob
11-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Well your first problem is you were watching the View..

+1

carl_g
11-04-2008, 09:50 AM
+1
common' I agree with ant EH is worth it sometimes.
When O'reilly went on the other week it was really funny.

Marker54
11-04-2008, 10:39 AM
That sucks man...I am still not convinced about the longevity of the lcd technology. Panasonic Plasma gets my vote....(watch mine blow up tonight lol!)

Not sure if you have DVR (tivo) but when you pause live tv, and leave it there for a few minutes, does your color start to darken? Mine does, and I can only think that this happens simply as a prevention device for burning. It goes back to full color & brightness once I turn the unit off and then back on again.

Unit: 42" Hitachi Plazma

Sue
11-04-2008, 11:33 AM
It might be worth a service call to diagnose the problem. Then decide if it's worth it. It might be something simple like a fuse.

+1 I would try to find out what it is first before running out and buying a new TV, especially if its only 2 years old...might be something simple :)

CORNBREAD
11-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the replies, it's a helwet-packard lcd purchased from best buy...

Mike295
11-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Call HP directly dont go to best buy.

CORNBREAD
11-05-2008, 02:54 AM
well hp tells me to bring it to one of their authorized dealers, which means fack it i just bought this bad boy!

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=207073&cc_fm=Toolbox+Cart

anyone want to buy a 2 year old hewlet packard lcd? 32 in..LOL

carl_g
11-05-2008, 08:07 AM
well hp tells me to bring it to one of their authorized dealers, which means fack it i just bought this bad boy!

Nice 56 inch DLP!

Cakes206
11-05-2008, 10:52 AM

Did you get the ext. war.? With DLP's its always good to get the ext war as it covers the bulb which can/will go bad. One bulb change just about covers the cost. I've gone through 3 bulbs in just under 4 years, its a Toshiba but the bulbs are made by Philips...just got something in the mail last week where theres a class action suit against Philips or some shit.

nnjhawk02
11-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Did you get the ext. war.? With DLP's its always good to get the ext war as it covers the bulb which can/will go bad. One bulb change just about covers the cost. I've gone through 3 bulbs in just under 4 years, its a Toshiba but the bulbs are made by Philips...just got something in the mail last week where theres a class action suit against Philips or some shit.

I have a Sony DLP & got the ext. from Best Buy - They came out 1st time & replaced it (bulb) - next time I called in & they sent me one - Easy to change.

My warranty is about to run out - so I figured to get a bulb be4 it does.

Call up BB 800 line & dude tells me - Oh ur only allowed 1 bulb in the warranty

I'm like WTF I was never told that - F'in BS - Read ur contract before U buy.

FWIW - bulbs R $180 for my TV, but sure I can get cheaper online - I'm sure bulb will crap out soon - TV is on about 12 hrs a day (youngins)

Cakes206
11-06-2008, 09:13 AM
I have a Sony DLP & got the ext. from Best Buy - They came out 1st time & replaced it (bulb) - next time I called in & they sent me one - Easy to change.

My warranty is about to run out - so I figured to get a bulb be4 it does.

Call up BB 800 line & dude tells me - Oh ur only allowed 1 bulb in the warranty

I'm like WTF I was never told that - F'in BS - Read ur contract before U buy.

FWIW - bulbs R $180 for my TV, but sure I can get cheaper online - I'm sure bulb will crap out soon - TV is on about 12 hrs a day (youngins)
Thats weird that they just "sent you one." Whats to stop anyone from calling up, getting one, then selling it. With mine, someone comes each time, replaces it, and takes the old. Quick 2min job. Bulbs for this one are about $250-300, so I made damn sure the ext. war. covered the bulb always :lol:

carl_g
11-06-2008, 10:41 AM
that is crazy that there are bulb issues with these units....You would think that they have it figured out by now.

Cakes206
11-06-2008, 04:15 PM
that is crazy that there are bulb issues with these units....You would think that they have it figured out by now.
Just a guess but in my case I think it has to do with air flow or lack there of. These bulbs get Africa hot, good constant air flow should help them stay a bit cooler, ultimately lasting longer. DLP's are great though, pretty sick picture.

carl_g
11-06-2008, 04:28 PM
DLP's are great though, pretty sick picture.
yeah for sure!

CORNBREAD
11-07-2008, 12:54 AM
I'm picking it up Wednesday at the Woodbridge CIRCUIT-CITY store on Route.1 North, CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!