PDA

View Full Version : My torturous knee therapy has begun

High_Revs_17
08-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Damn, crashing was the easy part! At least I was drugged outta my mind to dull the extreme pain at the hospital, but this time all I have are some Percosets to hold me over a bit.

I've been doing therapy for about 4 weeks and I can bend my knee up to 55 degrees with minimal pain to stretch it up to that point. But now it's seems to be giving me a difficult time due to some scar tissue so my therapist spoke to my Dr./Surgeon who recommended "aggressive therapy".

So today was when the hell really started and I had no idea the pain I was in for till it was too late. After applying heat to my knee and slowly bending it up to 55 degrees to warm it up, she asked me to lay on my stomach on the carpet with my legs out flat. Then she lifted my lower leg off the floor (as if one would do in a Hamstring Press exercise) up to 55 degrees and asked me to take in a deep breath, then as soon as I started to slowly blow out she applies more steady pressure to my leg bending it so hard it felt like the joint was being torn apart...I had to endure this for the longest 20 seconds of my life, I've never screamed so bad for any pain before...it didn't even hurt that bad when I crashed.

After doing this a few times for 20 seconds per time she tweaked it even more and during my shouting I felt and heard some small pops in my knee (like if I was cracking my knuckles), holy shit I thought I was gonna pass out. She said that popping's exactly what she wanted to happen. After a half hour of this my face was pale white and I had no strength left in me, I had to stay on the floor a bit till I could get up. So now she tells me she has to come do this to me every day during the week cuz it's the only way we'll free up my knee's motion...somone shoot me please. I took two Percosets and was high as a kite before she started and it still hurt that bad, I can't take 3 cuz my Dr. said I'll get addicted so I'll have to bite the bullet to get thru this.

I wouldn't wish this shit on anyone, this has to be the toughest challange I've gone thru in my life to date and I can't wait till it's all over. I'm trying to pump myself up for each time so I can push forward so I don't hold up our progress. In the end it's all up to me.

benellis
08-26-2005, 06:19 AM
Hope I never get F'ed up in a wreck. I got hurt playing football, but never seriously injured, the rehab for those sucked. If you're interested, my neighbor sells percosets to his friends.

Qetesh
08-26-2005, 02:04 PM
Ron, I know PT sucks, believe me, I went through it too after a terrible car accident 17 years ago. I hated every minute of it. It was painful, frustrating, and scary.

Hang in there. You will get through it and it will be worth every single minute of pain you've had to endure ;)

Cakes206
08-26-2005, 02:09 PM
Thats nothing compared to the PT I had for my pinky :nono:

ronin_01r1
08-26-2005, 04:19 PM
omg. i hope the pain becomes more bearable soon...

it'll all be worth it in the end when you can walk freely. stay motivated.

AfricanBootyScratcher
08-26-2005, 04:42 PM
wuss

soda7o
08-26-2005, 04:58 PM
ron if you neee haveir drugs... i can supply you ...

Vin
08-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Hang in there Ron -- it's for your own physical and mental well-being.

FigNewTon
08-26-2005, 06:08 PM
Stay with it Ron. Each time will get a little easier. You have already come a long way and your progress has been great thus far.

JasonB
08-26-2005, 09:35 PM
I know exactly what he is going through. We have similar injuries with him having other things that went wrong. We both have rupture patella tendons, and i know how that feels when it gets stretched. :cries: All you want to do is kick the therepist in the head.

sterling
08-27-2005, 09:14 AM
I know what you're going thru dude. I broke my shoulder a few years ago in a crash. The PT after the surgery was horrible. Theybasially did the same thing to my shoulder that they are doing to your knee. I couldn't lift my arm more than 45 degree's and the therapist would pull my arm up to stretch it.

njf4i
08-28-2005, 11:34 PM
Hang in there Ron. It may be hard but you'll get through it.

Now the only cure for the pain is to take to of the happy pills and ad a couple of vokdas. You'll be pain free for days. :evil2:

Mack
08-29-2005, 07:27 PM
hang in there Ron it suxs I know my shoulder was like that after my surgery...but it didn't compare to the day I finally get my jaw unwired and could eat again after 10 weeks and went to a dinner on the way home only to realize I couldn't open my mouth and eat anything....tell me I wasn't fucking pissed....2 weeks before I could open it an inch....man I feel for ya...get better just drink a bottle of Jack before the next session