PDA

View Full Version : PCIII HELP!!!

Duff750
10-25-2008, 12:15 PM
I checked the firmware on the used PCIII I just bought and saw it was one step out of date and someone had asked me if I could help them update the firmware on another one...so I figured I'd go through the steps and try it out on my bike first so I knew what I was doing... Followed the procedures off DynoJet's website step for step, the process errored out, now my PCIII isn't communicating with my laptop and my freaking bike won't start. Tried to go in and use the Reset Power Commander option in the PC Software and it won't communicate like that either. DynoJet is closed on weekends aparently, so no support from them... And I have a feeling since it's used, they're not going to give a shit and I'm going to be out $180 bucks. Anyone ever had this issue? HELP!

Duff750
10-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Got an answer on another forum I was really hoping I wasn't going to get...but I was afraid this was the case

when doing firmware upgrade on anything if it glitches during it you can be in big trouble. I would call dynojet on monday right away. They are great with tech/support questions. I wouldn't mess with it anymore if it glitched during a firmware upgrade. If you have the error or can somewhat remember it write it down so you can tell them it.