PDA

View Full Version : DMG/AMA 2009

IrocRob
09-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Last race of the season in NJ! Who's racing? We don't know yet....

Stolen from www.superbikeplanet.com

Saturday, September 27, 2008
The Roger Edmondson press conference just ended.
The AMA/DMG released a hard copy of the 2009 schedule
which is represented below.

March 4-6: Daytona International Speedway
March 20-22: Auto Club Speedway
April 3-5: Road Atlanta
May 2-4: Barber Motorsports Course
May 15-17: Infineon Raceway
May 29-31 Miller Motorsports Course
June 5-7: Road AMerica
July 5-7: Laguna Seca Raceway
July 17-19: Mid-Ohio
July 31-August 2: Heartlenad Park, Topeka
August 14-16: Virginia International Raceway
September 5-7: New Jersey Motorsports Park

Edmondson said that he has letter of intent commitment from each of the above
promoters/tracks for the 2009 season. He would not discuss the class structure
or OEM involvement saying the latter was at a sensitive stage and he didn't wish
to harm it. He said that announcements on those two subjects will be
forthcoming as will a rules package.

NYCSTRIPES
09-28-2008, 11:42 PM
That's great! I would probably be going just as long as they're still racing motorcycles by then...hopefully DMG won't reduce MC racing in the US to a scooter convention.
Ken

opinion914
09-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Supersport and FX aren't that bad currently but for god sake someone please put a bullet in Superbikes. I damn near fell asleep during yesterdays race.

carl_g
09-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Supersport and FX aren't that bad currently but for god sake someone please put a bullet in Superbikes. I damn near fell asleep during yesterdays race.
Yeah I think so too..
My son will be like 2.5 years old.. You think that is old enough to bring to the races??? :ride:

NYCSTRIPES
09-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Sure, just be careful not to expose your kid to too much noise while there, protect his hearing.
Ken

carl_g
09-30-2008, 11:07 AM
yeah I'll get him a set of ear pro for sure

Xracer264
09-30-2008, 02:16 PM

The superbike talent pool in the US aside from Spies and Mladin is pretty close. Why not adapt BSB or SBK rules. Those series are extremely competitive.....

opinion914
10-01-2008, 06:47 AM
The superbike talent pool in the US aside from Spies and Mladin is pretty close. Why not adapt BSB or SBK rules. Those series are extremely competitive.....

I agree.

On a side note, I'm glad to see Spies going to WSBK as opposed to MotoGP. I think we'll hear more of him in WSBK then we would have in MotoGP.

FDNYDANO18
10-02-2008, 08:46 AM

The scrubs will have a chance now that Spies is gone and Mladin wont have anything to do with DMG/AMA "Daytona" Neuterbikes....
Any riders with real promise / youth are being acquired for WSB/WSS leaving a less talented field... but at least the "racing" will be "closer"....

Back benchers are already cueing up for rides they wont get.... :ride: :roflmao: