PDA

View Full Version : Premium Gas Prices

Mike295
08-23-2005, 11:20 AM
you know whats bullshit... the fact that no one puts premium in there cars becaue of the price of gas. so the premium gas that is in the gas stations just sits in the tank and no one ever buys it. Like let me give you an example of this bullshit

The gas station bought the premium gas for lets say $1.50 per gallon.. in lets say june. They havent needed to "fill" there tanks with new gas for a while becasue no one is buying premium but yet they keep raising the price of the premim gas to keep pace with the market. so right now they are charging $2.80 or so for premuim... when they really bought it for $1.50... my point is that they are not working on the same spread the cost basis they are working from in premium gas is huge compared to the regular gas. its all bullshit.

Ant
08-23-2005, 11:29 AM
you know whats bullshit... the fact that no one puts premium in there cars becaue of the price of gas. so the premium gas that is in the gas stations just sits in the tank and no one ever buys it. Like let me give you an example of this bullshit

The gas station bought the premium gas for lets say $1.50 per gallon.. in lets say june. They havent needed to "fill" there tanks with new gas for a while becasue no one is buying premium but yet they keep raising the price of the premim gas to keep pace with the market. so right now they are charging $2.80 or so for premuim... when they really bought it for $1.50... my point is that they are not working on the same spread the cost basis they are working from in premium gas is huge compared to the regular gas. its all bullshit.

There isa gas station by me that sometimes lowers the price of the premium to the same as the mid grade. Also, I'm sure some people get the premium...like the people with BMWs, Acura's, etc.

RtypeNYC
08-23-2005, 11:52 AM
premium

DougZ
08-23-2005, 01:47 PM
WRX is turbo, gotta shell out for the premium stuff. :(

Kawibabe
08-23-2005, 01:49 PM
Yeah, my Eclipse is turbo...so premium there too.

CBRBob
08-23-2005, 06:56 PM
Premium sells more than you might think. About 1/3 as much as regular. Mid grade is a waste of $$. Blown Ranger=93 octane.......

Vin
08-23-2005, 07:22 PM
87 in the Aviator and the SV. Don't care what goes in.