PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 7 years later

CBRBob
09-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Take a moment today.............

Here is a pic I took as a teenager. I was taking pics of the new Spellman building being built as part of St. Vincent's Hospital. The vantage point is on 7th ave, just south of 12th st in Manhattan. My mother was(still is!) a nurse there. She had a view of the events that day just like this.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-10/1087910/TRADE9.JPG

sonny
09-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Man. I forgot how big those things were.

tommymac
09-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Take a moment today.............

Here is a pic I took as a teenager. I was taking pics of the new Spellman building being built as part of St. Vincent's Hospital. The vantage point is on 7th ave, just south of 12th st in Manhattan. My mother was(still is!) a nurse there. She had a view of the events that day just like this.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-10/1087910/TRADE9.JPG

Was she working that day? I heard it was insane over there, some of our trauma surgeons were called out there to help out. Also by us 2 cops were shot and killed on 9/11 a couple of years ago, that was not a fun night to work.

Tom

Sue
09-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Awesome picture Bob! I still cant believe its 7 years already... :(

NYCSTRIPES
09-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks for posting Bob.
NEVER FORGET.
http://www.wtctm.com/files/Remember_the_Heroes.jpg

GinoE
09-11-2008, 10:37 AM
i overslept that day. the lincoln tunnel was closed off, the commuter bus turned around to takes us back home.

i heard on the radio today that this country can't do some sort of memorial in 7yrs but can build brand new sports stadiums overnight...

NYCSTRIPES
09-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Exactly my sentiment Gino. & years of squabbling and money grabbing over what will be built there. Its sickening how long it is taking to get something built there.

Ken

sonny
09-11-2008, 11:06 AM
i overslept that day. the lincoln tunnel was closed off, the commuter bus turned around to takes us back home.

i heard on the radio today that this country can't do some sort of memorial in 7yrs but can build brand new sports stadiums overnight...

thats bullshit. you cant compare building a new stadium to the hole that is ground zero.

there is lots of squabbling for money and what not.. but the big problem is actually building something that IS a memorial, and not just office space. a lot of the victim's familia are making a big stink about what goes there, everyone wants their little bit..

:nopity:

am sorry it happens.

John712
09-11-2008, 03:04 PM
So sad that it happen, truely!

But I'm different, brought up differently. But a 24 family apartment building can go up in flames from arson and whereas 50+ people would die in that blaze. Weeks later it would either start to be rebuilt to home those 24 families again or raise the roof and add an additional 10 floors and turn it into condos. And no one complains.

The Twin Towers on the other hand, you cannot compare the lives lost to 50+ people lost in an apartment building. Again done by someone else purposely. But people bitch and complain about what should/would or is going to be built there.

Like I said, I'm different, its 7 years later and the time for mourning has come to an end, weather the person/s has been found or not. I honestly think having these memorials every September 11th yearly just makes the people relive the day all over again.

There is a difference when we all never forget, and NEVER FORGET.

R.I.P 9/11 Victims!

Respect_My_Authorita
09-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Never forget

CBRBob
09-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Was she working that day? I heard it was insane over there, some of our trauma surgeons were called out there to help out. Also by us 2 cops were shot and killed on 9/11 a couple of years ago, that was not a fun night to work.

Tom

Yes she was, and stuck in Manhattan for 2 days. She had that view as the 2nd plane hit and both towers fell. She said they got the ER ready for the influx of people....and they never came. They had a crush victim and some various cuts/bruises etc.

High_Revs_17
09-11-2008, 10:38 PM
God bless you Harry, it's been 7 years and it just seems like yesterday your loved ones and myself were waiting for you to come back home...it still gets me every time.

There's a Morris County memorial I pass by every day on my way to the office. Today I stopped in to pay my respects to the souls of those lost in the very pieces of steel that define the structure of that memorial.