PDA

View Full Version : Something I've noticed...

sterling
08-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Here lately, it seems like everywhere I ride too, I get these people who come up to me to complement my bike. Which is nice. But then 9 out of 10 of them go into this whole " Yeah, I used to ride" speech. Then they'll spit out a story about why they quit riding. I have heard just about everything from " I had to sell the bike because of my family" to " My bike was stolen and I never got a new one" I don't know if they are trying to impress me by saying they used to ride, or if they are trying to impress anyone who may be within earshot. If all these people were still riding like they say they used to...there would be more bikes on the road than cars.

JasonB
08-21-2005, 12:08 PM
i was at a gas station and this guy said "yeah i'm getting the new Suzuki R1" I said "yeah let me know how it rides".

Vin
08-21-2005, 12:34 PM
I think for each person that says "I used to ride" you get two others that say, "I knew this guy/girl who crashed and died/got seriously injured and no longer rides."

Kawibabe
08-21-2005, 01:06 PM
Yeah, it's all pretty normal. Even at lights I've had people yell over at me...."I used to have one of those...." etc, etc... I don't really care man! Leave me alone! ha ha ha

RtypeNYC
08-21-2005, 01:25 PM
I think for each person that says "I used to ride" you get two others that say, "I knew this guy/girl who crashed and died/got seriously injured and no longer rides." yeah, man. remember we were @ the gas station, and this bum-dude pushing a baby carriage with a kid too big for a baby carriage in it walked past and started this whole conversation with us about how he had a bike and he crashed it and took the plates off and left, or some bullshit?

Vin
08-21-2005, 02:28 PM
yeah, man. remember we were @ the gas station, and this bum-dude pushing a baby carriage with a kid too big for a baby carriage in it walked past and started this whole conversation with us about how he had a bike and he crashed it and took the plates off and left, or some bullshit?

Holy shit, yeah, I remember that now. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
The kid was too big for the carriage, and there was a little baby in the underside compartment of the carriage. :wow:

sterling
08-21-2005, 05:48 PM
Wow... looks like you guys have me beat with the weirdo stories. :LOL: