PDA

View Full Version : New Personal Best!!

Ant
08-20-2005, 02:24 PM
Rode 30 miles today on the bicycle. That's 8 miles farther then I have ever gone. The cooler temps and cloud cover really help for endurance.

Vin
08-20-2005, 03:39 PM
Rode 30 miles today on the bicycle. That's 8 miles farther then I have ever gone. The cooler temps and cloud cover really help for endurance.

I'm willing to bet you'll see 35-40 miles come late October or early November when the perfect temps kick in. Man, you're doing great on that bike.

Cakes206
08-20-2005, 04:01 PM
Yer ready for Hell of the West :lol:

Keep up the good work man :biggthump

High_Revs_17
08-20-2005, 04:17 PM

Good deal. Riding in the heat really kicks up your endurance but these days are really comfortable to ride in, just be sure your leg muscles don't get too cold at higher speeds or you'll have a loss of power on the climbs. Before my accident I was riding up to 50 miles several times a week. It doesn't take long to build up the endurance to that level once you keep up a good training pace. I also found keeping a riding log helped push me futher each time out to break the previous record regarding the amount of time it took me to ride the same mileage. Riding is an awesome workout and you'll shed a lot of weight as well as tone up quickly if you push yourself enough. Mini PC's keep you well informed regarding speed, time spent pedaling, miles, etc..pick one up if you don't have one, they're fairly inexpensive.

How many breaks do you take within those 30 miles?

What year, make & model bike are you riding?

High_Revs_17
08-20-2005, 04:28 PM
Yer ready for Hell of the West :lol:

HA-HA! Nobody's gonna get that one. Man looking back, those steel road bikes are ancient and weighed almost twice as much as the average bike does now, 30 pounds compared to 15 pounds!

>"We're training on our sprints with a buddy of mine today...we'll be riding past his place shortly".

"We're here, where is he?"

>"Just keep going, he'll catch up!"

"OH SHIT! THAT'S HIM?!" (Rottweiler bolts thru the fence towards him)

>"Yeah boy, you'd better start sprinting!" (laughs)

"HEY! GET OFF ME! (dog's biting at his foot)...GODDAMN DOG JUST TOOK MY SHOE!!!"