PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Seca-MotoGp (Spoiler)

NYCSTRIPES
07-20-2008, 06:18 PM
All I can say is DAMN, what a race. Incredible pace by Rossi and Stoner, Made he rest of the pack look like they weren't there.
Even with dropping the bike, Stoner managed to keep 2nd place.
Spies finished 8th, ahead of Edwards which was amazing in and of itself. Looks like Spies will replace Capirossi if he retires at the end of this season.

Best race this season.
Ken

And that highside from Lorenzo...damn

Cakes206
07-20-2008, 11:26 PM
What an amazing day of racing...MotoGP had me at the edge of my seat...reminded me of the Rossi / Gibernau battle few years back. Stoner is a lil upset it seems :roll:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/motorbikes/7516543.stm

Congratz to Bayliss for the back to back wins taking him to 500 wins...class act that guy is.

RCM78
07-20-2008, 11:49 PM
It was pretty exciting. Congrats to Rossi!!!

Ben Spies came in 8th
Jamie Hacking came in 11th

FDNYDANO18
07-21-2008, 12:08 AM
Breathtaking racing..... Rossi is KING!!! ... Stoner was brilliant too... until he acted like a little whiney Biotch after the race.

Still I predict trouble for everyone else after this track... longer straitaways and the speed of the Duc will spell trouble for all ... Except Stoner

opinion914
07-21-2008, 07:27 AM
I was having a wonderful time watching the race UNTIL they showed Hacking in the race. Please don't tell me there is potential in the near future for him to run MotoGP. Cletus Roberts was bad enough w/ his crybaby antics, i couldn't imagine the harm Hacking would to to the US's public relations. Spies on the other hand...Bravo.

NYCSTRIPES
07-21-2008, 09:07 AM
I doubt it if Hacking would be able to grab a seat, remember last year they allowed more US AMA riders to sample the bikes at Laguna with nobody getting a permanent seat afterwards.
Ken

SAXON117
07-21-2008, 09:42 AM
AWESOME RACE!

SAXON117
07-21-2008, 09:52 AM
REPOST OOPS!

Looks like the little man can't take the heat. Lost alot of respect for the guy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/mot...kes/7516510.stm

AfricanBootyScratcher
07-21-2008, 10:30 AM
fantastic battle!
casey should know better then to try to get into a mental or psychological battle with rossi

lateapex
07-21-2008, 01:41 PM
casey should know better then to try to get into a mental or psychological battle with rossi

+1 Spectacular show.

Stoner got nothing to complain about, did you see the finish of the Red bull rookie race, there was so serious fighting there.

opinion914
07-21-2008, 02:03 PM
+1 Spectacular show.

Stoner got nothing to complain about, did you see the finish of the Red bull rookie race, there was so serious fighting there.

no kidding. while i like to see aggression, i'm surprised those bumps didn't come with a heafty penalty.

carl_g
07-21-2008, 03:27 PM
+1 Spectacular show.

Hell yeah.... that was some of the best racing of the day... 1st and second place difference was .001 of a second?:doh:

Drew13
07-24-2008, 07:46 AM
I return from out of town and my DVR tapes nothing!!?? WTF? I had AMA and SBK but no MotoGP! I don't get it? Do you think it was because it wasn't on Speed? (Was it on Speed?)
I wonder if they'll replay it...makes me furious.

Cakes206
07-24-2008, 08:24 AM
I return from out of town and my DVR tapes nothing!!?? WTF? I had AMA and SBK but no MotoGP! I don't get it? Do you think it was because it wasn't on Speed? (Was it on Speed?)
It was on CBS, probably titled differently in the programing?

lateapex
07-24-2008, 08:44 AM

My DVR is set to record all AMA and Motogp events on all channels but this was listed under "Motorcycle racing" so I had to manually set it.

Drew13
07-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Yea I figured it was something like that. Eh well, I'll have to check out the TV schedule.

carl_g
07-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Yea I figured it was something like that. Eh well, I'll have to check out the TV schedule.
If you are into BitTorrent you can find the race here ~> http://www.racing-underground.com/