PDA

View Full Version : Intel osx (osx86)

jcblitz
08-18-2005, 07:02 PM
I'm the man.
If anyone wanted to install this to see if they liked macs or whatever, it's not really useful. Even though that machine is at least twice as fast as my mini, the mini still performs circles around it...for now. I can't wait for apple to release more details on this.

http://www.uploadpixels.com/upload/1124405912_uploadpixels.com_screenshot86.jpg

Vin
08-18-2005, 08:45 PM
Running panther (I think) on my work G5 long enough to know I wouldn't want to see it perform on an Intel... but the Mac kicks ass.

Ant
08-18-2005, 09:29 PM
I don't get it...

carl_g
08-19-2005, 07:58 AM
sick I have a friend who did it at work. He has it on his amd 64 and said it was blazing fast.
I am not sure how he did it though, something about installing darwin first.

jcblitz
08-19-2005, 08:46 AM
I've been hearing people with newer processors getting alot more speed. It not so much the ghz that's doing it, but the actual technology the chips support. I'm waiting until apple offically says they'll support installs on non apple hardware before I build my new machine. I think alot is going to change in the next year.

Vin
08-19-2005, 10:26 AM
I've been hearing people with newer processors getting alot more speed. It not so much the ghz that's doing it, but the actual technology the chips support. I'm waiting until apple offically says they'll support installs on non apple hardware before I build my new machine. I think alot is going to change in the next year.

With Apple moving away from the PPC architecture, a LOT is going to change. It should be very interesting over the next few years. IBM has gone to shit with their hardware products (desktops/sTinkpads) which is why they sold off that business unit, so I'm left wondering how their PPC chips are going to fare.

Mike295
08-25-2005, 12:00 PM
dude i want it :)