PDA

View Full Version : Track or Street

Lorenzo
05-21-2005, 05:47 AM
Well, it's one or the other for me. I want to hit the track next yeat, but can't afford both. If I'm going to do it, it's 100% track bike or street bike. What do you think I should do?

Qetesh
05-21-2005, 08:06 AM
Well, it's one or the other for me. I want to hit the track next yeat, but can't afford both. If I'm going to do it, it's 100% track bike or street bike. What do you think I should do?

Track all the way ;)

Cakes206
05-21-2005, 09:36 AM
I suggest doing a track day first. You can rent just about everything you need minus the helmet and I think the back protector. The initial set up for track riding can get mad expensive. Try it out first, see if you like it. Once you do though you'll be hooked. Might as well sell those street plastics for a set of primer grey fiberglass bodywork now :nogood:

Riding the track is more funner :leek:

njf4i
05-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Well honestly lorenzo i think the track would be great for you. But if you think paying for the bike now is expensive, you will be broke next year doing the track.

These guys pay a lot of money for track time, track prep, gear and what not. Just take it there once and see if you like it and can afford it. I wouldn't want to see you with a track bike that just sits there.

Jimmy
05-21-2005, 12:48 PM
I guess it depends on how many track days you're gonna do. If you're just gonna do a few then I'd stick to the street. If you plan on doing a couple a month I'd say go for it. Last season was my first on the track. I did 13 days. Between that and having my kids every other weekend I didn't do much street riding and I have to say I didn't miss it. One track day is more riding then you think. It's intense and a real work out too.
This year I plan to do around 20 track days. If money gets tight I wont hesitate to sell my street bike to fund my track days.

So, if it's gotta be one, I'd say track bike :biggthump

opinion914
05-21-2005, 01:23 PM
i look at it like this,
You can take a street bike on the track
You cant take a trackbike on the street

Any streetbike will be super-capable on the track so id vote for the streetbike (and try the track w/ it too)

Brian78
05-25-2005, 10:40 AM
my insurance and registration is up at then end of may, i dont plan on re-newing

Bullshark
05-25-2005, 10:46 AM
just curious, why is it one or the other? Just a few mods on a streetbike and it becomes a track bike..

JasonB
05-28-2005, 09:59 PM
I did 3 try the track days. 2 with Team Promotion and one with NESBA. I did one track day and now i'm hooked on track days. I cant afford to do too many track days so i still ride the street. It is possible to do both. I know a few people that do both.