PDA

View Full Version : a better track bitch (sorry Brian its a bike man!!!)

acronut
06-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Picked this up the other day and I'm completely stoked!!! Hopefully I'll transition quick from the SV to the new RR. The front and left side plastics and rearsets are all junk but the rest of the bike looks great. I've got rearsets, e-racings fairings, and DC pros coming for it already. I'm gonna ride it naked at Summit on the 9th because thats the day the fairings will arive. It won't be too pretty but it should go like hell compared to my SV. The SV is an awesome bike but I'm really getting tired of getting passed on the straights and playing catchup on the corners. I absolutely love my 1000RR for the street and I've ridden the 07 600RR and always wanted one for the track. I pretty much stole the bike I definately didn't think I'd find one this cheap. Well enough BS

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/kendalsimpson/bikepicsandstuff013.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/kendalsimpson/bikepicsandstuff015.jpg

Hopefully Monday will be uneventfull and I'll post more pics when I get the new fairings painted and installed.

FigNewTon
06-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Doesn't look bad at all. Congrats and good luck with it...should make a great track bike

Jake
06-04-2008, 10:24 PM
oh boy it will be a battle royale on Monday :jam2: :jam2:

Cakes206
06-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Nice Kendal...g'luck with 'er. Just remember, compared to the sv, you're gonna be going into those turns a lot faster, will have to readjust your turn in(you'll find yourself turning early...I know I was LOL.) See ya on Monday :ride:

Respect_My_Authorita
06-04-2008, 10:49 PM
looking nice. good luck

MarioB
06-04-2008, 11:05 PM
You are a legend with the SV and I can't wait to see what you can do with the RR. I guess I'll get to see first hand on Monday, I'm looking forward to it. By the way, it's suppose to be 92 and it will feel like 96 on Monday at Summit.
Congrats man.

CBRBob
06-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Nice!

wcrbikemike
06-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Congrats on the new ride. Can I suggest that if you can leave the bodywork on it even if you have to duct tape it and zip tie it. In the unfortunate event that you have a get off it will protect everything under it and absorb some of the impact.

NYCSTRIPES
06-05-2008, 10:03 AM
best of luck with it.
Ken

acronut
06-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Congrats on the new ride. Can I suggest that if you can leave the bodywork on it even if you have to duct tape it and zip tie it. In the unfortunate event that you have a get off it will protect everything under it and absorb some of the impact.

I'd like to but it's not really an option. there was literally nothing but one mounting point still holding the whole left side on. The bottom was ripped apart, and the front left was hanging free as well. Everything helps hold eveything else together and it's just not doable. I'm putting woodcraft frame sliders on it and praying I don't dump it!!!

JimRBlue
06-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Sweet ride Kendal! Good luck with it!

Kennedy
06-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Kendal you could always drill new holes in the garbage bodywork and create your own mounting points using zip ties. They work I promise.

RCM78
06-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Bill Sink has the same bike. I rode it bone stock and liked it alot. Now it has Ohlins cartridges in front and an Ohlins TTX shock out back and is just amazing.

Thats a great bike you have there!!! Good luck with it...

Sue
06-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Sweet!! Have fun with it at the track Kendal!! :ride: