PDA

View Full Version : The Da Vinci Code

Tonupboy
08-17-2005, 03:06 AM
Just finished reading it...goddamn very intriguing piece of work...yeah, it's fiction, but references in art and actual locations and organizations makes you question your faith in Christianity...to me, religion is relative so it does not affect me at all....but I can see why this has been a contraversial piece of literature...and you know, contraversial shit always makes for good drama....go cop it!

I give it :nod2: :nod2: :nod2: :nod2: out of :nod2: :nod2: :nod2: :nod2: :nod2:

Lookin forward to the movie version next year...

Gear Dog
08-17-2005, 07:58 AM
Yeah my father in law keeps telling me i have to read it. Just got back into reading and I'm on this Rouge Warrior trip right now. When I'm done I'll pick it up and see if I can get into it.

FigNewTon
08-17-2005, 08:53 AM
I agree, excellent book. I did find the ending to be a little disappointing.

xstortion
08-17-2005, 08:58 AM
I'll probably just wait 4 the movie :)

pmdez
08-17-2005, 10:57 AM
i've heard alot about this book and thinking of picking it up but before i do, i'd like to read Angels & Demons. I found 3 different editions/published copies on amazon: '01, '03 & '05...is there a big difference? guess i should cop the '05 one..

Commuta_Busa
08-17-2005, 11:46 AM
Angels & Demons was a good book too. Def read this before DaVinci. You may also find digital fortress to be a good read too. All three of these books were the kind you don't want to put down. That's rare for me to find in a book...

I don't think it matters which edition you buy it just may look a little more fancy...

i've heard alot about this book and thinking of picking it up but before i do, i'd like to read Angels & Demons. I found 3 different editions/published copies on amazon: '01, '03 & '05...is there a big difference? guess i should cop the '05 one..

High_Revs_17
08-17-2005, 12:56 PM
The movie's already getting negative reviews...we'll see.

Tonupboy
08-17-2005, 01:10 PM
The movie's already getting negative reviews...we'll see.

How? The movie doesnt come out until May of next year... :confused:

Negative reviews are meaningless...look at the "Dukes of Hazzard"....lol

High_Revs_17
08-17-2005, 02:14 PM
How? The movie doesnt come out until May of next year... :confused:

Negative reviews are meaningless...look at the "Dukes of Hazzard"....lol

Script and pre-production reviews weren't strong but they can be changed before the final production is wrapped.

She makes any movie great.