View Full Version : Worse and Best

Lorenzo
05-21-2005, 05:31 AM
Worse sounding: D&D
Best: Devil! :hail:

Now that I opened up the can of worms...bring it on LOL

Vin
05-21-2005, 09:29 AM
Hindle made my YZF sound mean. I'm gunning for high mount Devils on my SV, but am open to any dual high mount carbon.

D&D -- I'd use 'em for my SV. Makes the bike sound like a Harley!

njf4i
05-21-2005, 11:07 AM
Worst sounding would be D&D

Worst quality would be Two Brothers

But I like the way my micron sounds on the f4i. :take_it:

Lorenzo
05-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Hindle made my YZF sound mean. I'm gunning for high mount Devils on my SV, but am open to any dual high mount carbon.

D&D -- I'd use 'em for my SV. Makes the bike sound like a Harley! I don't think the Devil shotgun is worth it. It's like 9 bills, an dI think the regular high mount looks better. I have the round one, but would of prefered the oval one.

Cakes206
05-21-2005, 06:16 PM
Don't be hatin on the D&D :razz:

I gotta go with TiForce being one of the best out there...the welds and the way they are crafted is like no other.

5wytchBh4kk
05-21-2005, 06:56 PM
i like arata. they're the only pipes that are full ti. and affordable. well, last time i checked anyway.

Vin
05-21-2005, 07:57 PM
I don't think the Devil shotgun is worth it. It's like 9 bills, an dI think the regular high mount looks better. I have the round one, but would of prefered the oval one.

My SV is equipped with stock dual exhausts. The Devil set I'm looking at is a high-mount carbon slipon system but yeah, it's in the $800 range.

Mack
05-21-2005, 08:34 PM
best quality is tigcraft....hand made although 700 bills for a slip on....I like my micron but am looking at getting a dual undertail for my bike......worst....who knows I don't like D&D...hate the sounds....although I can't hear shit over my bike

John712
05-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Don't be hatin on the D&D :razz:

I gotta go with TiForce being one of the best out there...the welds and the way they are crafted is like no other.

ordered mine $1700 with power commander :)

hot shit brotha

PiPeManNYC
05-21-2005, 11:42 PM
Thinking of the carbon fibre Devil shotgun high mount, would be nice to know how it sounded before i bought and installed it.

Scott
05-22-2005, 10:11 AM
two brothers is worst quality?!?!? how do you figure? mine looks, sounds, and has held up great. i like it, and will use them again when i get a new can.

Cakes206
05-22-2005, 10:23 AM
two brothers is worst quality?!?!? how do you figure? mine looks, sounds, and has held up great. i like it, and will use them again when i get a new can.

Yea, I gotta go with Scott on this one...got Two Bro. on the track bike and it rocks...the only drawback is it's heavy...other than that me likes.

5wytchBh4kk
05-22-2005, 11:03 AM

the end caps corrode and then it looks like shit! :nod:

Cakes206
05-22-2005, 11:07 AM
the end caps corrode and then it looks like shit! :nod:

Always nay say with you :razz: That'll happen with almost any pipe if not taken care of...no crap on mines.

FigNewTon
05-22-2005, 01:36 PM
Worst- D&D
Best- Sato :hail:

Kennedy
05-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Best - Akrapovic Full Evo System (Shorty pipe)

Worst- Two Bros....

JasonB
05-30-2005, 04:24 AM
Worst D+D. Had one on my first bike (ZX6R) and it was way too loud. Had that high pitched sound. I like the sound of a full yosh or Arapovpic. Also Wileyco has a good sound as well.

HondaGalToo
05-31-2005, 08:34 AM
I really like my Arata system. Fit and finish is awesome. Sounds good too, not obnoxious.

Commuta_Busa
06-08-2005, 10:06 AM
I can't speak for the <liters but for the bigger dogs you gotta go TiForce or Akrapovich best performance and quality built!

worst = any slip on (why bother)

ronin_01r1
06-09-2005, 08:28 AM
D&Ds ROCK!!!! i had one on my last bike. a 600. it was a full carbon fiber. i bought it new for $300 so i couldn't pass it up.

AfricanBootyScratcher
06-15-2005, 01:01 PM
Akrapovich, no doubt

pmdez
06-17-2005, 12:48 PM
Mig :nod2:

Hippie
06-18-2005, 03:17 PM
I like my M4's on my FZ6. (dual underseat)
I only question their design on the Y pipe. The pipe Y's at a right angle.. This can't be good for flow dynamics

RCM78
08-03-2005, 09:40 PM
Akropovich is by far the best made exhaust out there.

I have a Devil Ti can on my R1 that is just fine... They are located here in jersey and I got it CHEAP right from the distributor...

CBRBob
08-03-2005, 10:42 PM
I like Microns, good quality (especially the Serpent) and sound good.
Worst sound D&D, worst quality V&H.

sterling
08-04-2005, 12:05 AM
My SV is equipped with stock dual exhausts. The Devil set I'm looking at is a high-mount carbon slipon system but yeah, it's in the $800 range.

A guy I work with has an SV1000S and he just installed a set of Dale Walker Hole Shot can's on it and it sounds friggin awesome! It does have a hint of Harley sound to it though.

HondaGalToo
08-04-2005, 05:19 AM
never mind, already chimed in! :yawn:

soda7o
08-04-2005, 11:36 AM
I lovethe annoying sound of D&D it shorrible and thats why i love it...
VINNY BTW for a twin.. the two bros xmetal sounds out of this world.. my friend had those on his duc 900 monster.. that thing was a mean sounding mother

RUFFSTUFF
10-08-2005, 11:02 AM
I had a D&D on my 2002 R1... my god! It was the worst friggin' exhaust! Way ugly loud, and it cost me hp. Replaced it with a high-mount Hindle (which is not so good on the track btw) and haven't looked back. I put a GYT-R exhaust on my 04 R1 and it is the wickedest sounding exhaust I think I have ever heard on a 4 cyclinder 4 stroke. Especially after breaking it in.

My wife also had a D&D on her first bike, a 1995 EX-500. That thing was just plain ridiculous if you can imagine a twin-cylinder with a D&D... But the kids seemed to like it when flames shot out the back... ;)

High_Revs_17
10-08-2005, 03:34 PM
What's the point of spending the cash on a D&D when you can just gut out the stock can...that might even sound better.

Hindle is a sexy lookin' pipe.

Devil did their homework, they seem to sound great on many different bike makes.

I loved my full Yosh system with the race baffle. It had great sound and performance.

It seems not a lot of Honda guys choose Erion or Jardine, even though it's used on the winningest race machines in the AMA. Win on Sunday, sell on Monday.

Cakes206
10-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Don't be hatin' on the D&D...yes on a 6 they do sound raspy...but on higher displacement bikes they sound pretty killer...Just ask Southpaw, LMFAO!

RUFFSTUFF
10-08-2005, 11:56 PM
Don't be hatin' on the D&D...yes on a 6 they do sound raspy...but on higher displacement bikes they sound pretty killer...Just ask Southpaw, LMFAO!

They don't sound killer, they sound like murder...

And they're built by Joe Bob's Pipe Fitting and Tailor Shop While-U-Wait in LoosaLippsa, Texas.

:crazy:

Cakes206
10-09-2005, 12:35 AM
D&D gets a bad wrap...takes that certain whacko to like em...me being one of them...they helped my 01 gix6 frankinbike(750 motor) with some nice hp #'s...105 on the 6 and 137 with the 02 750...that 750 motor would check out like no other...Got the sv1Ks now though...lookin to get a full dual high mount TiForce.

carl_g
10-09-2005, 04:34 AM
D&D's get some of the best power curves..
Akra I would say is one of the best diesel pipes.. For my bike I would go with Jolly moto or Arrow cans!

PitsVtec
10-09-2005, 12:53 PM
D&D is too annoying for me. I was recommended a Jardine, heard it and bought it...suits my bike and my ears just fine.

ffejtable
10-09-2005, 10:10 PM
I have a full Muzzy o my 96 zx6r and its as bad as the D&D on my 01 zx6r, but thats partially because the packing in the Muzzy magically disappeared...

I bought the 01 with the D&D on it, and I really hate it... The sound, anyway.. I really cant complain about quality, or comment about power.

I have been thinking about Jardine for the new track bike, but chances are, its going to be a Yosh... The Yosh sounds real nice on my bike... Loud, but deep, instead of raspy like the D&D....

carl_g
10-10-2005, 08:32 AM
These are nice looking Arrow shorties on a bike like mine....well sorta like mine :)

PitsVtec
10-10-2005, 11:56 AM
Sorry, I'm not feeling the shorties or dual pipes on one side. I don't know, but they just don't look right to me. I do love the sound of dual pipes, but more from an RC51. A person we have ridden with has one and I forget what kind of an exhaust, but the noise is mouth watering..... :nod2:

soda7o
10-10-2005, 12:50 PM
MIG that sounded awsoem onmy r6 i have a yosh now dnt reallylike the sound
myboy had 2 bros xmetal dual cans onhis monster 900 and it sounded like thunder ...
ilike cheap shit so hindle sounds good to me...

but listening to some of these bieks new form the factory i ma beginginto like the stockers.. especiallysince they dont wake up the cops..

NYCSTRIPES
10-15-2005, 05:01 PM
I have an RC51 with a Ti Sato half system and the bike sounds great. My other bike is a TL-1000R with a full M4 setup and it too has a distinct and healthy sound.

I guess if you have a certain bike, there will be a pipe kit that will sound great on it if you shop around. I went with exhausts reputed to make the most power on each bike and I was rewarded with great sound too. I got lucky.

My friend's TL-R has a D&D full sytem, I hate the sound of that setup. Loud and unpleasant.

Ken

RollingSuicide
10-26-2005, 11:06 PM
I have a Yosh on my 04 Gixx 750....sounds pretty good but after I heard the Two Brothers on my boys R1 and my other Boys 1000 Gixx, I cant wait to blow a hole in my Carbon Fiber Yosh with a backfire so I can Get a Two Brothers! :wow:

jcf1977
10-28-2005, 01:55 AM
I've gotta say ARATA. I looked and researched almost every brand out there and finally settled on the ARATA "new style" Ti. Build quality is flawlwess and the sound is..........................oh so NASTY!!!!!!!!!!

Kennedy
10-29-2005, 08:18 AM
I have a kawi so I would have to say Akra.....

RonJ83
10-29-2005, 11:08 AM
best sounding: Graves MotoGP Full, geez that thing is loud!, Akrapovics & Aratas are excellent pipes too. Termis are cool, but i think they need to make some Ti pipes as suppose to only CFs, and jardines are a great choice too.

cant say much for D&D or 2 Bros cause i dont know anyone who accually owns them.

stealth r6
10-30-2005, 01:29 AM
worst by far D&D

Best IMO: Devil, i bought the high mount carbon fiber for my R6 well considering i kno the owner of Devil Bikes and live 2 minutes away from his place, i couldnt let the deal go by. Paid 350 for it, and love the way it sounds. Has that beautiful deep throaty sound and not that annoyin raspy sound the D&D has.

CoolerBig
11-04-2005, 04:56 PM
I am looking to buy Leo Vince High Mount Carbon slip on for my '05 ZX10R. Any opinion on that pipe? :wave2:

JimRBlue
02-06-2006, 04:46 PM
D&D can get a little annoying. Wound up going with the micron and was pleased. A little louder than stock but not hard on the ears.

Lord Duckhunter
02-14-2006, 03:40 PM
The ONLY people that think Two Mothers is a good exhaust are the ones that have never had anything better...

I always hear "I've used Two Mothers on my last 10 bikes & they are awesome" Well Gee if you have never used anything else I guess that makes it easy for you to choose huh... Ask anyone that has owned a Two Mothers product & a premium exhaust like Sato, Arata or Moriwaki which one is better & see what their response is.

If you want an opinion it helps to get it from someone with enough experience with all brands to add some credibility to their statement.

I wrote an article on exhausts for my RC site. Disregard the RC specific info & you will find that most of the info rings true across the board.

http://www.rc51.org/exhaust.htm

Lord Duckhunter
02-14-2006, 03:49 PM
oh & to the Busa guy that claims slip--ons are no account you are totally clueless.... A well designed slip-on can add more performance than many full systems. IN fact on the RC51 the Sato exhausts actually give more overall performance than ANY other exhaust slip-on or full system we tested & the gains are in the mid-range where it is most beneficial. Most full systems like Akrapovich concentrate on peak horsepower numbers & HP is always a trade off so they sacrifice mid-range or lowend performance to get peakier numbers, but how often do you really ride around with the throttle wide open & the bike bouncing off the rev limiter??? Very rarely I bet... You use the mid-range performance of the bike all the time in daily riding.

Many of the OEM headers nowdays are built very well so well in fact that choosing a full system over slip-ons typically produces only a few more horsepower at best. What you get for your money in most cases is droping a few more lbs than you pick up in horsepower which makes slip-ons a very viable bang for the buck on almost all the current sportbikes.

Sato Slip-on vs Stock dyno chart
http://www.rc51.org/dyno/02sato.jpg

BlackHat2305
04-07-2006, 08:42 AM
what do u guys think about FMF PowerCoreS ? i have been in the market for a bit for something better sounding then my vance hines and i checked a bunch of sound clips of a dyno test with diff pipes and exhaust i like the sound of the fmf so it will be here this week i hope

link to diff clips of what the exhaust sounds like

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0410_pipe_clips/

FigNewTon
04-07-2006, 08:59 AM
what do u guys think about FMF PowerCoreS ? i have been in the market for a bit for something better sounding then my vance hines and i checked a bunch of sound clips of a dyno test with diff pipes and exhaust i like the sound of the fmf so it will be here this week i hope

link to diff clips of what the exhaust sounds like

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0410_pipe_clips/
FMF was strictly dirtbikes untill a few years ago when they made the jump to the sportbike market. I have never really seen anyone running one and from what I have read they have a tendency to lose more power then they produce.

Also, sound clips are great to listen too but you are never going to hear what the pipe truly sounds like from a clip. Just my .02

Mogwai
04-07-2006, 09:51 AM
I love D&D!!! I rock it. I was looking at going with the Devil High Mount OVO but I heard it on this guys 954 and it sounded like shit. Kind of steered me away from it now. So once again I'm looking. If I find a 929 with it and heard it and like it, I'll get it but not taking that chance until i know.

shadoxkila
04-07-2006, 09:35 PM
i have yosh pipes and my rc sounds pretty bad ass

High_Revs_17
04-08-2006, 01:12 AM
I believe this is by far the quietest aftermarket exhaust offered to date...even beats a D&D in the silent department! ;)

http://www.gravesport.com/Products/images/fullsize/EX033ST.jpg

With this following a close second!

http://www.speedycom.co.uk/shop/product_image.php?imageid=157

High_Revs_17
04-08-2006, 01:17 AM
Sorry, I'm not feeling the shorties or dual pipes on one side. I don't know, but they just don't look right to me. I do love the sound of dual pipes, but more from an RC51.

Those are 2-stroke pipes there girly, and I'm not even sure you'd like the dirtbike sound that comes outta them...but I do! :nod2:

High_Revs_17
04-08-2006, 01:19 AM
I have a kawi so I would have to say Akra.....

You said it wrong...you have a kawi so you would have to say Muz...;)

tweake
04-08-2006, 01:58 AM
worst on a ducati multi is the Termi's very tinny sound kinda rattle :banghead:
but on a monster or super sport termis sound kick ass

best imo Fast By Ferracci/sli moto for the multi :vtwin: got a nice deep rumble to them bit loud with headers and all but nice and thay give a nice boost in over all power 12 foot lbs tq right in the mid range and 9hp on top :hyper: this is with open air box and d/p ecu

my Buddy's zx7r has a hindle on and and it sounds nice but i am a v twin hoe :vtwin:

Commuta_Busa
04-20-2006, 07:35 AM
I proabanly shouldn't post this but since we're all family...

best exhaust for high HP... :cool:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d139/kwklein/PC270302-1.jpg
This information is confidential and not to be distributed.

Cakes206
04-20-2006, 10:01 AM

Jesus :drool:

jcblitz
04-20-2006, 10:03 AM

best exhaust for high HP... :cool:
This information is confidential and not to be distributed.

That is bad ass...and that icon is hilarious. :cool:

High_Revs_17
04-20-2006, 11:21 AM

:naughty:

Commuta_Busa
04-20-2006, 11:31 AM
I think it beats the D&D and een the Graves as far as db's... but I'm sure the Graves sounds better

:naughty:

V2Rider
02-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Sorry to bring up this thread from the dead, but Cakes, you KNEW when I saw the 2bros comments I would. Thats why you told me to come here ISNT IT?! I love my 2bros. They have come a long ways, and the VALE shrt can is kicken. SOunds awesome with a P1 power tip. These are my Aluminum PAINTed pics. I got the shiny aluminum, and spent 5 bucks on paint vs the extra hundred on carbon. Ok. Im done:arrr:

NYCSTRIPES
02-09-2008, 02:26 PM
I have had many. Sato and Moriwaki were my favorites for sound and quality for my RC51.
My M4 full system delivers incredible sound but isn't the most great looking or top shelf quality. I had a few Yoshimura systems as well which were pretty decnent for the money but are also a mid level pipe.

Ti Force is one I never owned but they look and sound awesome.
Ken

Cakes206
02-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Sorry to bring up this thread from the dead, but Cakes, you KNEW when I saw the 2bros comments I would. Thats why you told me to come here ISNT IT?! I love my 2bros. They have come a long ways, and the VALE shrt can is kicken. SOunds awesome with a P1 power tip. These are my Aluminum PAINTed pics. I got the shiny aluminum, and spent 5 bucks on paint vs the extra hundred on carbon. Ok. Im done:arrr:
Haha, s'all good...make yerself at home. Like what you did to that pipe. :ride:

V2Rider
02-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Haha, s'all good...make yerself at home. Like what you did to that pipe. :ride:

High_Revs_17
02-09-2008, 03:10 PM
I've sprayed my headers black but never the can, great idea, and it's always fun turning something on the bike into a project.

FDNYDANO18
02-09-2008, 03:24 PM
I have a 2 Bros on my Triumph cause it was the best bang for the buck. It saved me lots of weight and just a few $$$.

Sure other systems are better made... but not worth it too ME
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l3/FDNYDANO18/IMG_0095.jpg

V2Rider
02-09-2008, 03:28 PM
I have a 2 Bros on my Triumph cause it was the best bang for the buck. It saved me lots of weight and just a few $$$.

Sure other systems are better made... but not worth it too ME
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l3/FDNYDANO18/IMG_0095.jpg

Nice! Do you have the P1 Power tip in it?

JimRBlue
02-09-2008, 08:46 PM
I believe this is by far the quietest aftermarket exhaust offered to date...even beats a D&D in the silent department! ;)

http://www.gravesport.com/Products/images/fullsize/EX033ST.jpg

With this following a close second!

http://www.speedycom.co.uk/shop/product_image.php?imageid=157

Shame the cat kills it. That box under their is huge! :doh:

High_Revs_17
02-10-2008, 11:32 AM
I think they squeezed nearly 2 liters of flow through that donut box too...I heard one of those slip-ons on a 6 at Hawk's Nest and it's sound was horrible.

Shame the cat kills it. That box under their is huge! :doh:

SPL170db
02-11-2008, 11:14 AM
I think this Yosh TRC I found sounds the best on any GSXR-1000 I've heard. It's a special race team part I got on ebay. It's the same dimentions as the cans off Mladin and Spies' bikes, 14 inches in length with a 2 1/2 inch outlet. The regular end can for a TRC is 16 inches in length with a 2 inch outlet.

http://i27.tinypic.com/1grhno.jpg

FDNYDANO18
02-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Nice! Do you have the P1 Power tip in it?

Nope... no bhp benefit so... WFO

V2Rider
02-25-2008, 08:51 PM
It cleans the sound up ALOT. like 15bucks at Ridegear

AfricanBootyScratcher
03-02-2008, 12:15 AM
I just got my new Kawi Race Kit exhaust, which is the Akrapovic Evolution with a slightly modified muffler. Very exciting. I'll eventually get to put it on
oh and Akrapovic is the best (I may have said that once or twice before)

lifestylez
07-04-2008, 11:43 PM
best- racefit
worst-d&d for some reason it makes anything sound like a harley

CBRBob
07-05-2008, 08:41 AM
d&d for some reason it makes anything sound like a harley

:moocow: How can a r6 sound like a harley? :roflmao: