PDA

View Full Version : Bike Covers

ffejtable
05-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Un fortunately without a garage I am left to store my bikes outside. I have been using a Nelson Rigg Defender 2000 cover, and after a few months, they fade really bad, eventually allow water to soak through and the plastic vents crack. Nelson Rigg has a great no questions asked warranty, but I have to pay to ship it back, and its getting annoying. I would rather just have a cover thats going to last.

I get about 2 years of use out of them before its time to replace them. I am hoping somebody here has been using a cover that lasts a bit longer.

Any suggestions?

njf4i
05-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Hey jeff i used a cover for a while when i had my old f4i. The cover worked well and lasted a long time. I recently got the cover out of a friends storage. It just needs to be washed, but if you want it for free its all yours.

Let me know if you want to take it.

ffejtable
05-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the offer Nick!

Just knowing what brand/model it is would be great. One day you WILL have a bike again Nick, and you are going to need that cover. :)

Marker54
05-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Hey Jeff,

I went with Dowco Guardian Weatherall Cover. its easy on/off and really thick material. I store outdoors 6 months a year and I'm pleased thus far. I paid $85.00 but needed it that day...as the rain was coming.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/63/1454/ITEM/Dowco-Guardian-Weatherall-Cover.aspx

suzis_date
05-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Hey Jeff,

I went with Dowco Guardian Weatherall Cover. its easy on/off and really thick material. I store outdoors 6 months a year and I'm pleased thus far. I paid $85.00 but needed it that day...as the rain was coming.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/63/1454/ITEM/Dowco-Guardian-Weatherall-Cover.aspx

+1

CORNBREAD
05-19-2008, 03:25 AM
+1 for the Dowco as well. Before I bought my house I used the Dowco year round in Bayonne and never any problems.

ffejtable
05-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks guys, the dowco is what I was expecting to hear, just wanted to hear it without suggesting it first. :) Ordered it a few days ago, should be here tomorrow!