PDA

View Full Version : Penalty for Riding with a permit.....

Liltenatattoo
05-12-2008, 06:15 PM
What is the penalty in NJ for riding with a permit w/o another licensed rider with you? does anyone know the answer or know where i can find out?

SAXON117
05-12-2008, 06:51 PM
UT OH :(

gsxryager024
05-12-2008, 08:19 PM
:popcorn:

CBRBob
05-12-2008, 09:09 PM
It's called operating a vehicle without a license. Just as if you had no license at all.

Look it up on the DMV website, then bend over.........

John712
05-13-2008, 06:53 AM
Pretty heafty fine!

But you can also do what my cousin did, several years ago he was caught in the same position. When he told the judge is the person he was riding with took off on him, he pulled called him and waited a while to see if he would call back and he never did so he took it upon himself to ride back home being he knew how to ride.

They knocked it down to, i cant remember, but it didnt screw uo his chances to get his endorsement in the future.

sonny
05-13-2008, 07:22 AM
Yeah. Use the excuse

"my riding buddy started riding too fast and I lost him."

"I couldnt get a hold of anyone so I very carefully rode home."

Or just dont break the rules.

JimRBlue
05-13-2008, 09:07 AM
In a nutshell..

A person violating this section shall be subject to a fine not exceeding $500 or imprisonment in the county jail for not more than 60 days, but if that person has never been licensed to drive in this State or any other jurisdiction, he shall be subject to a fine of not less than $200 and, in addition, the court shall issue an order to the commission requiring the commission to refuse to issue a license to operate a motor vehicle to the person for a period of not less than 180 days. The penalties provided for by this paragraph shall not be applicable in cases where failure to have actual possession of the operator's license is due to an administrative or technical error by the commission.

http://www.njlaws.com/unlicensed_drivers.htm

Liltenatattoo
05-14-2008, 09:12 AM
ha ha, thanks for the info guys. I have been too busy to look this up. I've had my motorcycle license since '04 so i didn't get into any trouble. I was just talking to a friend about this the other day, and i had no answer to the question.
if i was in the situation, i would also say that my riding buddy took off on me. LOL. anyways, thanks again!