PDA

View Full Version : No Summit for me

tommymac
04-20-2008, 02:24 AM
Not sure if any of you guys know aside from levi, but I had to take my dad to the hospital tonight. He had been battling divirticulitis foro the last few weeks and seemed to be doing better till yesterday. My sister came over to get the appt keys and told me hes not feeling well and was thinking of going to the hospital tomorrow or monday. I went over to talk to him and told him it was better if we went now ( In short retrospect I am glad we did) Turns out he has a fever and his white blood cell count is rather high ( he has some sort of infection in his belly) They will be scanning him tonight and he threw me out of the hospital and told me to go get some rest

He also told me I should still go to the track (now I know hes sick since he hates the fact I ride :lol: ) but I figured track ridings not a good idea right now. I dont want to be chasing john or jase down the straight then my mind wanders and next thing I am in the trees at 150mph:doh:

He will call me tonight if anything bads going on otherwise we will head back there in the AM to see whats what.

So this leads me to my next problem is we need to figure out how to get levi to the track and what to do about a room. I have the trailer he can use but has no tow vehicle as of now So ifhe hasnt made a back up plan already I am hoping someone can help us out since I feel realy bad about this happening. I will be around in the AM to help out with things if need be.

Also I have a room booked under my name at the comfort suites, he can use that or if he wants to bunk up with someone else let me know and Iwill cancell the room.

So in the end I am prety bummed with pops being prety sick, and now missing our season opener. So have fun, drink a few for me (when appropriate) and stay dry I will see all you bastids soon.

Tom

carl_g
04-20-2008, 06:49 AM
Damn Tom... sorry to hear about your dad. I hope things get better for him.

Respect_My_Authorita
04-20-2008, 07:46 AM
tom, very sorry to hear about your dad, hope he gets health back sooner. there is always another time for the track.

John712
04-20-2008, 08:05 AM
Damn Tommy sorry to hear that. I hope he gets better and keep us posted.

But in the meantime Jase has my open trailer that fits 2 bikes, my enclosed fits 3. Originally it was going to be me, Jase and Bishop. I can call Jase to see if he is willing to take his car with my trailer and Levi if he is still going.

Jimmy
04-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Sorry to hear about your dad Tommy. Hope he feels better soon.

NGB
04-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Sorry to hear about your Dad,hope he heals up soon.

NYCSTRIPES
04-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Best wishes for your Dad Tommy. Hope he's feeling better soon.
Ken

tommymac
04-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Thanx for the well wishes and a quick update.

We managed to get levi and his bike to the track. I am glad that the guys stepped up and helped out here I feel bad enough that my dad is sick and I couldnt go but then was putting someone else out too. So I was quite happy that worked out.

I spoke to one of the surgery residents today, looks like tomorrow they will see if interventional radiology and drain the abcess or if it needs to be drained and theyre hitting him with IV antibiotics now. He was sleeping when I went up there earleir so atleast hes comfortable. Tomorrow I wll see what they want to do and well go from there.

Tom

ffejtable
04-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Hope your dad gets better soon... Family comes first in times like this. There will be more trackdays :)

JimRBlue
04-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Best wishes for your pops. Hope he recovers quickly

tommymac
04-21-2008, 01:43 PM
So far so good, spoke with the surgeon today, hes still waiting on radiology to give an "official"read of the CT scan, but he thinks the abcess can be drained and is in an easy spot to do so. They think if they do drain it he coudl go home in a day or so, just want ot watch for any complications etc..

Hes feeling a bit better and only has intermittent pains and some nausea and he just wants to get out of there.

Tom

soda7o
04-21-2008, 01:58 PM
sorry to hear that...
wish him well..

GinoE
04-21-2008, 07:37 PM
best wishes to pops!

you didn't miss much, leathers will take days to dry & probably stink afterwards :nopity:

didn't wuss out, rode every session. last session there were only 6 of us out there (not including the gopher that made the mad dash across the track at the straight) :lol:

SUMMIT RAIN (http://media.putfile.com/summit-point-main-RAIN) <---clicky (the sound you hear is the rain hitting the trailer rooftop)

tommymac
04-22-2008, 12:51 PM
So far so good, spoke with the surgeon today, hes still waiting on radiology to give an "official"read of the CT scan, but he thinks the abcess can be drained and is in an easy spot to do so. They think if they do drain it he coudl go home in a day or so, just want ot watch for any complications etc..

Hes feeling a bit better and only has intermittent pains and some nausea and he just wants to get out of there.

Tom