PDA

View Full Version : Morning Commute

JimRBlue
04-17-2008, 09:47 AM
So I figure I would give commuting to work on the bike a go this morning as the weather is improving. :) :ride: Mind you my commute now consists of sitting on the parking lot we call 78 eastbound. An added bonus is the infestation of the species I commonly call "pensyltukian idiotis" :cursin: A breed that find in neccessary to work in NJ. Apparently their moto is Jersey is good enough to work in but not good enough to live in. :scratch2:

So traffic is pretty much stopped as usual. Being lazy in traffic especially while on a bike I would rather creep along slowly than constantly do the foot down thing. I give my self about a car length and a half in front of me. This is all working quite well until this bimbo behind me lays on the horn. I think to myself.. "thats strange, I wonder what her problem is." :nuts: :confused: I look behind me and I see her fat pudgy face mouthing the words "Move!!!" :mad:

I return the proud NJ hand gesture in propper form :thefinger which is enhanced by the fact that I am wearing glove. This continues until we approach a service road which runs parallel to to route 78. The pensyltukian idiotis seizes this opportunity thinking this will be faster and tries to make the light at the exit ramp but fails. :lol: Other pensyltukian idiotis think this is a grand plan and follow suit. :lol: Now the nice thing here is that while you are on the highway you can clearly see that the service road is backed up as well. :doh: I then relish in the fact that the pensyltukian idiotis species are losing their positions in this slow motion race. :hyper: :haha: Up ahead is the re-merge.. Ahhh yes.. where the service road empties back onto 78 :nopity: westbound. I carefully jocky my position in the right lane to greet the horn blowing pudgy faced species pensyltukian idiotis who is left with the sad recourse of merging back onto the highway... Right behind me once again.... :tounge: :D :D

:rantoff:

mowshweettea
04-17-2008, 09:59 AM
and this is why I cant stand jersey most of the time.. ITS TOO DAMN CROWDED but uncle sam says i have to stay here till they move me again :(

soda7o
04-17-2008, 10:23 AM
so am i a pansylitakina since all my cars and biek have PA plates?
BTW ifyou think jersey is to crowded try commuting in the city

ronin_01r1
04-17-2008, 10:26 AM
lane split or take backroads; that's gotta be better than sitting in traffic all morning on a bike..

Respect_My_Authorita
04-17-2008, 10:32 AM
so am i a pansylitakina since all my cars and biek have PA plates?
BTW ifyou think jersey is to crowded try commuting in the city

yep, jersey atleast has a bit wider roads and its easier to lanesplit. last year going to a bike night with soda, the effin belt and bqe were packed, 100 something degrees, we aint sitting in that heat, neverthless to say we got to manhattan in that traffic less than 40 mins from brooklyn.

GinoE
04-17-2008, 10:32 AM
great story - i love the ending.

i don't envy you on your commute, i too travel east in the am/west in the pm - sunlight adds to the madness. overcast days i can fly into work.

i'm in the far left lane trying to pass, guy in front of me is doing the speedlimit while using his electric shaver in the rearview. soccer mom in the right lane has me boxed in as she cradles her cell in her left ear while feeding jr juice in a sippy cup with her right hand.

they're out there - be safe.

JimRBlue
04-17-2008, 10:35 AM
The lane splitting seems to even piss them off more since you are moving and they are not. This tends to increase the "oops my door accidently opened" syndrome.

soda7o
04-17-2008, 10:41 AM
The lane splitting seems to even piss them off more since you are moving and they are not. This tends to increase the "oops my door accidently opened" syndrome.

thats when your oops i had a twitch and punched of your mirror syndrom shoudl come in handy

Respect_My_Authorita
04-17-2008, 10:52 AM
thats when your oops i had a twitch and punched of your mirror syndrom shoudl come in handy

:lol: , just watch their head movement when you are lane splitting and dont constantly lanesplit in one lane, every few minutes switch to the other middlle lane [in 3 lanes], cagers reaction time will be less, by the time they notice you, you are gone.

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/238/roadjn0.gif

lateapex
04-17-2008, 01:11 PM
I used to do that commute too, starting from Easton. I was able to get from Pburg to Berkeley Heights, NJ with only touching 22 for about 1/2 mile. After I found that path I bought the bike and 99% of the time I took that route. About 1 hour and 10 minutes for that commute.

I moved to Pa in 1989 after 28 years of living in North Jersey (Randolph) so a lot of the "pensyltukian" are transplanted Jersey people. Around my house it a 50/50 mix of locals and ex-jersey people.

mowshweettea
04-17-2008, 01:38 PM
I could never do it, im thankful im no where near the madness

CBRBob
04-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Go ahead and lanesplit, when you get shit thrown at you are squeezed by 2 cars, no one will care. DON'T DO THAT SHIT.

NGB
04-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Yeah lane splitting is just asking for it,I'd go with the backroads or a different route.Great story though.

nnjhawk02
04-17-2008, 10:43 PM

Hey Beach - here too ur ranting
:roflmao:

I mostly never had a problem w/ cagers. Would U ruinin ur door for a moto? 99.9 will not either - so don't sweat it

lane split or backroads - don't be a punk

Yeah lane splitting is just asking for it,I'd go with the backroads or a different route.Great story though.

Cause U never commuted into NYC - don't diss it until U have to try it - really not that hard - I used to do it w/ a Bemmer touring bike ;)

High_Revs_17
04-17-2008, 11:00 PM
The live version was so much better. :lol:

JimRBlue
04-18-2008, 10:29 AM
I personally would not lane split, but to each their own. I do have other routes to try on days that I take the bike.

The live version was so much better. :lol:

Yea.. I guess the live version was better. LOL