PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy Price Match Policy

Brian78
04-03-2008, 03:18 PM
is such a crock of shit,
brought in an advertisement from 6th ave on a 32" Sony Bravia LCD HDTV for about $130 cheaper than best buy has it for.. they wont honor it because they are not a competitor due to there different return policies.. but find this anywhere in best buys price match policy..notice the bold italic print

Store Price Guarantee

Two more great reasons to buy with confidence at Best Buy.
If you are about to make a purchase and discover a lower advertised price offered by a local retail competitor on the same available brand and model, let us know and we'll match that price on the spot.

Already bought? If an item you purchased at Best Buy is advertised at a lower price at another Best Buy store in your local area or on BestBuy.com, we'll refund you the price difference from our own sale price, or 110% of the difference from our competitor's sale price, up to 30 days after your purchase (14 days on select categories*, 60 days on HDTVs purchased from 3/2/08 through 5/10/08, 90 days on HDTVs purchased from 1/13/08 through 3/1/08).

Either way, simply bring in proof of price while that lower price is in effect.

Policy may vary between stores. Best Buy Puerto Rico Stores have their own store price guarantee. See store for complete details. Also see our BestBuy.com Price Matching/Price Guarantee policy.

Exclusions:
The Best Buy Price Guarantee does not apply to our or our competitors' free offers, limited-quantity items, open-box items, clearance and Outlet Center items, mail-in incentives, financing or bundle offers. The policy does not apply to typographical errors or a competitor's price that results from a price match.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

What is considered a local retail competitor?
A retail store located in the same market area as your local Best Buy store.

What is considered "proof" of price?
If you have already purchased the item, the best way to show proof of price is to bring in your original Best Buy receipt, plus the competitor's current ad. We reserve the right to call the competitor's store to verify the lower price and availability of the item.

How do you handle a price match if the Best Buy price includes a promotional offer such as a free gift card or rebate?
The Best Buy net purchase price is calculated by deducting the value of all instant and mail-in discounts such as rebates, free offers and promotional gift cards. Existing rebates and free offers associated with a product purchased at Best Buy will not apply if a price match is executed.

How do you handle a price match if the competitor's price includes a rebate, gift card or other promotional offer?
The competitor's net purchase price is calculated by deducting instant discounts taken at the register such as instant rebates. Mail-in rebates and other deferred savings are not deducted from the competitor's purchase price.

What if the competitor does not have the item in stock or has limited quantities of the product?
Sometimes a retailer will advertise a very low price for a product but have only limited quantities in stock. If the item is out of stock or the competitor has limited quantities of an item, it is not eligible for price matching. Likewise, if Best Buy has a product that is advertised as being limited in quantity it will not be eligible for price matching.

Are Best Buy services eligible for price matching?
Due to the differences in services being performed, Best Buy does not match competitors' service prices. This includes, but is not limited to, services such as delivery, installation and computer services.

What does it mean not to match a competitor's price that results in a price match?
Best Buy will not price match to a local competitor's price that has already been reduced by a price match.

Can I have my price match request processed over the phone or online?
We are currently not able to process your request over the phone or online. However, if you have questions regarding the policy, call our Customer Care Center anytime at 1-888-BestBuy or visit BestBuy.com.

What if I find a lower price at another Best Buy store or on BestBuy.com?
If an item you purchased at Best Buy is advertised at a lower price at another Best Buy store in your local area or on BestBuy.com, we'll refund you the price difference from our own sale price, or 110% of the difference from our competitor's sale price, up to 30 days after your purchase (14 days on select categories*, 60 days on HDTVs purchased from 3/2/08 through 5/10/08, 90 days on HDTVs purchased from 1/13/08 through 3/1/08). Simply bring in your original Best Buy receipt to the customer service counter while that lower price is still in effect. Clearance and Outlet Center items, open-box items or Web-exclusive offers advertised on BestBuy.com are not eligible for price matching.

What is a "Web-exclusive offer?"
It is a product or a price that is only offered to online buyers.

Does Best Buy match prices of Internet retailers?
If you made your purchase in a Best Buy store, and you find an Internet retailer with a local retail store honoring its own online prices, we'll match their price, plus 10% of the difference. Internet-only retailers are exempt from our price matching program, as well as Web-exclusive offers. Eligible items must be the same brand and model, and currently in stock at the competitor's store. For purchases made online at BestBuy.com, please refer to the Online Price Guarantee on BestBuy.com.

* Select Categories include desktop computers, notebooks, projectors, monitors, camcorders, digital cameras, radar detectors and video games purchased as used.

tommymac
04-03-2008, 03:27 PM
I would go up their coporate ladder and make a stink about it. Or blow up in the store where people can see They def dont want the bad press.

Tom

Ant
04-03-2008, 03:28 PM
So go get it at 6th Ave.

Brian78
04-03-2008, 03:38 PM
thanks ant, but its my brother, and he wants the rewards points from bestbuy.. besides i asked for anyone to find it in their policy :lol:

Ant
04-03-2008, 03:43 PM
thanks ant, but its my brother, and he wants the rewards points from bestbuy.. besides i asked for anyone to find it in their policy :lol:

Dude, the big chains can suck. I went to circuit city to get a new camera last year. They had an internet special so I just went to the store and they wouldn't honor the price. I said I would just order it right now but then they said the verification could take up to 2 days. So I'm standing there bewildered that they are so unwilling to work with me. So I went down the street and got it along with some accessories. I don't get them sometimes.

Brian78
04-03-2008, 03:50 PM
the funny thing is, its only 130 cheaper than their normal price. it will probably be on sale for the same if not cheaper in the next few weeks. You figure bigger chains can afford to be more customer oriented. They dont even pay commission at best buy, and he called the 800 best buy number. The operator called the store and asked the manager to honor it, and the manager still refused. He was just a hot head spanish guy (no offense to spanish people, but they are notoriously hot headed and short tempered). his response to me saying that it doesnt say anything your telling me in the price match policy, was 'well im not honoring and thats the way it is' ... nice, dick

Ant
04-03-2008, 04:22 PM
the funny thing is, its only 130 cheaper than their normal price. it will probably be on sale for the same if not cheaper in the next few weeks. You figure bigger chains can afford to be more customer oriented. They dont even pay commission at best buy, and he called the 800 best buy number. The operator called the store and asked the manager to honor it, and the manager still refused. He was just a hot head spanish guy (no offense to spanish people, but they are notoriously hot headed and short tempered). his response to me saying that it doesnt say anything your telling me in the price match policy, was 'well im not honoring and thats the way it is' ... nice, dick

What's funny is that they are willing to lose an entire sale, PLUS accessories which, frankly I just don't understand.

jcblitz
04-03-2008, 04:50 PM
http://consumerist.com/

High_Revs_17
04-03-2008, 05:00 PM
It's not that they won't compete with 6th Ave's prices, they simply can't, and even though it may not be printed in bold they are not bound by law to honor their policy for every retailer in the marketplace, it's at their discretion, and their marketing ploy is just that. I've had this issue over the years with many large chains that refuse to drop their prices to match 6th Ave, including prices on some products not on sale that are marked down nearly 50% on 6th Ave's shelves. At the end of the day B. B. will make up that difference anyway, they make tons of cash selling their marked up products to thousands of dedicated consumers, so the way they see it, they win.

RCM78
04-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Brian, Call me if your brother didnt allready buy the TV...
I can save him some cash through work.

Brian78
04-03-2008, 09:23 PM
hey revs, get a bike

ralph, ill have him call you tomorrow. thanks

gsxryager024
04-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Its called false advertisement, and people have sued other corporations for millions and won. One of my friends were in a class action law suit with block buster over that "no more late charges" advertisement when she received a late charge. She only got back $12 but there were 50,000 people in the suit. Hell I would video tape that and bring it to a lawyer.

Hanz-Solo
04-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Dude, the big chains can suck. I went to circuit city to get a new camera last year. They had an internet special so I just went to the store and they wouldn't honor the price. I said I would just order it right now but then they said the verification could take up to 2 days. So I'm standing there bewildered that they are so unwilling to work with me. So I went down the street and got it along with some accessories. I don't get them sometimes.

That's strange... I just bought my brother an Ipod for his b-day from CC... I went to the store and asked them for the internet special... They honored it on the spot... Quite frankly, I would have went to Costco but CC was a bit cheaper and closer...

High_Revs_17
04-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Your childish drama never ceases to amaze me, especially on this site, and if you're not smart enough to understand that I was generally supporting your point then please kick yourself in the head for me, maybe it'll knock some sense into your empty skull...:lol:

hey revs, get a bike

Ant
04-04-2008, 07:02 PM
That's strange... I just bought my brother an Ipod for his b-day from CC... I went to the store and asked them for the internet special... They honored it on the spot... Quite frankly, I would have went to Costco but CC was a bit cheaper and closer...

Hmm, maybe I just went to a ghetto one.

Hanz-Solo
04-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Hmm, maybe I just went to a ghetto one.

viva la boonies!

soda7o
04-09-2008, 06:13 PM
I dont see the big deal.. just hit one of the floor guys up with a $50 or some weed and you can get everythign at 50% off.. thats what I used to do wth Best Buy....

liquiddevil2000
04-10-2008, 04:49 PM
I dont see the big deal.. just hit one of the floor guys up with a $50 or some weed and you can get everythign at 50% off.. thats what I used to do wth Best Buy....

lmao!!! admitting to us that u used to do illegal things is a felony!!!:lol: :nopity:

soda7o
04-11-2008, 10:17 AM
lmao!!! admitting to us that u used to do illegal things is a felony!!!:lol: :nopity:

what you mean USED to :)