PDA

View Full Version : After 2 years and 10 months...

High_Revs_17
03-12-2008, 03:13 PM
...it was time for these bad boys to go bye-bye from my knee/leg. It's amazing how much time it takes to heal a few seconds of chaos. Anyone that needs a serious surgeon to take care of business, Dr. Robert T. Goldman (http://www.tri-countyortho.com/goldman.htm) is the man for the job, he was very pleased with the outcome. I'll be down for a few months but things are a hell of a lot better than they were the first time around.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/HighRevs17/hardware.jpg

Respect_My_Authorita
03-12-2008, 04:06 PM
man thats a lot of screws. hope you get well enough soon to ride on 2 wheels. good luck with everything.

jcblitz
03-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Congrats. How did they clean them after they were removed?

High_Revs_17
03-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks...thoroughly I hope.

Congrats. How did they clean them after they were removed?

fire83tug
03-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Just don't ever, ever, ever sneeze again while riding and you'll be good to go. Good to see you'll stop setting off the metal detectors at the airport. :ride: Ride on.

High_Revs_17
03-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Haha...yeah I won't be needing that ID card anymore either.

Just don't ever, ever, ever sneeze again while riding and you'll be good to go. Good to see you'll stop setting off the metal detectors at the airport. :ride: Ride on.

njf4i
03-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Wow ron thats a lot of hardware you got there. Glad everything is going well with you. But i guess your not gonna make it for the mo town st pattys day parade. I was hoping you would be my tour guide.

If you need a drinking buddy you know who to call.

John712
03-12-2008, 10:22 PM
whats the pen for?

CBRBob
03-12-2008, 10:28 PM
To gauge the size in comparison.

ffejtable
03-13-2008, 09:35 AM
wow ron.. i had no idea you had that much hardware in you!

curious about the procedure to remove them.. i would imagine it was surgery all over again??

hope to see you on a bike soon! (THIS YEAR!!!)

Gear Dog
03-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Good luck with the recovery.
It gives you time to figure out how to incorporate those parts into your bike.

ronin_01r1
03-13-2008, 11:43 AM
that's fucking great news!

tommymac
03-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Your lucky to have it taken out that stuff usualy is left in permenantly.

Tom

duc748pilot
03-13-2008, 01:27 PM
yo....im building a shed soon....can i have those screws? ;)

Ant
03-13-2008, 01:54 PM
If he's such a good surgeon, why was there a pen in your leg? :moocow:

High_Revs_17
03-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Wow ron thats a lot of hardware you got there. Glad everything is going well with you. But i guess your not gonna make it for the mo town st pattys day parade. I was hoping you would be my tour guide.

If you need a drinking buddy you know who to call.

I know-I know I should've waited to get this done a few weeks later. :ohmygod: I know so many people that are gonna be there, It's gonna be nuts, hopefully the weather will be good to go for everyone, guess I'll have some green O'duels with my meds.

BTW, your sig seems to be sucking up all the server's bandwidth. :P

wow ron.. i had no idea you had that much hardware in you!

curious about the procedure to remove them.. i would imagine it was surgery all over again??

hope to see you on a bike soon! (THIS YEAR!!!)

Neither did I, till I saw the x-rays the first time. I'm not gonna make it this season cuz my bone needs plenty of time to fill in all those holes to get strong again so I'm just playing it safe and going for '09, at least I might be able to get back on the mt. bike this year.

The Dr. also cleaned up my knee entirely, removing all the bone spurs, scar tissue, and remounting the position of my patella tendon for the most part, so i guess you could say it was surgery.

Good luck with the recovery.
It gives you time to figure out how to incorporate those parts into your bike.

Thanks man...haha that would be a fine idea.

Your lucky to have it taken out that stuff usualy is left in permenantly.

Very true, but I started to get hardware pain to the point of limping and after several scans it showed the bone was actually starting to grow over the hardware, so it needed to go.

yo....im building a shed soon....can i have those screws? ;)

After 100 years I'd bet they'll still be in perfect condition in the rubble too.

If he's such a good surgeon, why was there a pen in your leg? :moocow:

It could've been a sponge or something worse?!

EvilSteve
03-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Does this mean your unsprung weight is going up?

High_Revs_17
03-13-2008, 03:53 PM
Hopefully my sprung weight has gone down.

Does this mean your unsprung weight is going up?