PDA

View Full Version : New car issue.!!!

John712
03-07-2008, 11:23 PM
In the beginning of Jan, I bought a new car. A 2008 Toyota Scion xB. It currently has 2xxx miles on it. I got to work today, drove no problem, gears worked no problem.

After work I got into it, started it up, let it warm up a few minutes, put it in drive gave it some gas and crunch I run over the concrete parking thing BEHIND me. I'm like what the fuck, I looked to see if I put it in reverse by accident and it is in drive.

So being dumb founded, I put it in Park, get out to see what damage I now have, but there was nothing to the muffler or rear bumper. So I get back into the car, put it in drive give it a little slight press on the gas pedal and crunch, I am still going backwards!

So I put it in reverse and it goes forward, WTF!!! reverse is now forward, but my reverse light is on when driving forward! How can this be.? And how the fuck can this happen.?

I'm just wondering, I do have warranty on the car and will call tomorrow. But I am still dumb founded by it!

Respect_My_Authorita
03-07-2008, 11:25 PM
damn wtf.

CBRBob
03-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Well, you bought a skateboard, they dont know which way to go......... Sorry to hear that dude.

Marker54
03-08-2008, 12:34 AM
II bought a new car. A 2008 Toyota Scion xB.

Well thats where your problems begin. ;)

Sorry to heart that .

hector113
03-08-2008, 11:30 AM
It under warrenty. Call scion and tell them the problem and see if they will pay for the body damage as well and give them hell. Then call the dealer to confirm the problem and they should fix it under warrenty.

I had a problem with a dodge caravan I bought used. The paper work said I hade 7yrs/70000
miles warrenty. The head gasket went bad and they told me the manager hade to sign a card saying I hade the warrenty because it was a hale sale car. After a week of fighting I only hade to pay a 100 deductiable to repair the van. The tow from south NJ was 450 plus 1200 for the repair.

John712
03-10-2008, 11:00 PM
I just checked my voice mail, and for some odd reason I didn't hear or see them call at 3:47pm. But it is ready for pick up and I just dropped it of 8am this morning!

They didn't say what the problem is or if I owe anything in the message, but I will find out tomorrow :D

RCM78
03-10-2008, 11:07 PM
PBTSAW