PDA

View Full Version : WinAmp Remote

SilverDragon
01-28-2008, 05:20 PM
I started using WinAmp Remote today so I can listen to my music library at home through my mobile phone from work. I kept forgetting to add music to my phone at night or in the morning before.

It's working quite well for a free service. It allows you to share music with friends, etc. Instead of having up to 2 gigs of music with me at all times, I now have access to my much larger library on demand.

It allows you stream through a browser as well if not a mobile device! Check it out! It doesn't have to stream to winamp, it's working for me through the default Pocket Media Player and you can define playlists online and everything.

:arrr:

jcblitz
01-28-2008, 06:16 PM
nerd alert

causef0rconcern
01-29-2008, 01:45 AM
will that work with a non fucking giant touchpad super computer gps atm blueteeth cappacino making phone? like my ancient LG VX8300? my phone takes microSD cards and plays mp3s...

ffejtable
01-29-2008, 10:24 AM
probably wont work through the Mobile Web browser on your 8300... This is most likely an app for "smartphones" that are running Windows Mobile, and maybe even PalmOS and Blackberry devices.

I am sure it also "requires" an unlimited data plan subscription unless you want to get slammed with per minute/KB charges.

SilverDragon
01-29-2008, 10:48 AM
nerd alert
You flatter me so! :)

Correct, this is definitely something you would like to have an unlimited data plan to use. As long as your phone has a browser of some sort and an audio player, you should be good. :nod2:

They have it working on the iphone and other phones.

The only issue (if you can call that an issue) is that Pocket Media Player pauses the stream with any action done to the phone, it doesn't play in the background.

causef0rconcern
01-29-2008, 12:16 PM
I have a walkman its pretty sweet