PDA

View Full Version : Little research OR

John712
01-24-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm selling my car on Craigslist, ---->> http://cnj.craigslist.org/car/544968126.html

And if you are on multiple sites you come across shit like this.....

Here is the e-mail I got today --->>

Thanks for the mail,i'm really interested in purchasing the (2002 Honda Civic Si )as soon as i can,i am an engineer,i work for Julius Berger,and i'll be travelling to England for a conference meeting later tommorrow night,but i think i should be back in a few weeks time,i really want the (2002 Honda Civic Si)to be available in my compound before i get back from England,concerning the payment,i'll instruct my younger
brother to send out a cashier's check in your names and it'll be sent to your address.Concerning the shipment,when i spoke with my shipping company on the phone some few minutes ago,they made me realised that i should send their payment together with the payment i'm sending to you,because if i send them a seperate check it 'll take about 30 working days for a United states check to clear in Greece where their head office is located at,while it takes only 24-48hrs for a cashier's check to clear in the USA,and again,my shippers would also be shipping some other goods for me from Japan to my house in New york,their main head office is located at Greece,they'll take care of everything in my absence,because this is not the first time they're working for me,they're my best shipping company,they always take care of my personal goods. So i 'll instruct my brother to send you a payment in form of a Cashier's check on the amount of $17,700,so when you receive it,you'll deduct your payment which is $8,800 deduct another $100 for compesation of the stress you may go through,then get the rest funds sent to my shipping company via western union money transfer,please note that all western union charges should be deducted from the excess funds you're sending,not with your own personal money.sorry to bother you for
this,i would've loved my younger brother to take care of everything,but he wont be
available to take care of it because he'll be going back to school in 2 days time,(he's in a
Law school and he wont be coming back home until the ending of March).
The shippers will come over to your location for the pick up of the item as soon as they
receive their payment via western union,please ensure you get back to me as soon as you
can if everything is ok by you.I promise you that you wont regret doing business with
me.Talk to you later.You can start calling me on this phone # as from
tommorrow....+447045732804 I'll always reply your emails whenever you send me mails
because i have my labtop with me.So email me the following info if everything is ok by you,
(1)Name to be written on the check.......................
(2)Your contact home address (including zip code)......................
(3)Home & Cell phone number....................
Take care and have a nice
day.
Best Regards,

Now if you go to this forum that I belong to, look at this guys 3rd post he put.
http://www.sythe.org/showthread.php?t=355814

Do you see anything strange..? lol

Although I knew it was a scam from the 2nd E-Mail I got, His 1st E-mail wasnt anything like this, I truely thought he was a serious buyer.

Mike295
01-24-2008, 05:07 PM
wow they moved from Nigeria to England.. getting high society arent they

JimRBlue
01-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Not so fast... Seems there are still remnants of the infamous nigerian scam...

Julius Berger FC is a Nigerian soccer club owned by the Julius Berger Nigeria PLC and based in Lagos. It was founded in the mid 1970s and has won national championships and competed internationally. Players such as Taribo West, Sunday Oliseh, Samson Siasia, Emmanuel Amuneke, Rashidi Yekini, Garba Lawal and Mutiu Adepoju have played for Julius Berger.

As of 2006 the club play in the Nigerian Premier League, but their owners have announced plans to close the club by 2008. They play their home games at Onikan Stadium, after temporarily relocating in 2004 to Abeokuta.[1]

http://www.julius-berger-nigeria.com/